Been a long time coming, but here's the first tentative release of Unirom 8!
It comes as a BootDisc (green) and ROM (blue) combo.
Both have the import player, serial tools, hex editor, flappy credits, ROM flashing, etc.
Additionally the ROM has the nocash unlock and Caetla SxS support.
It's been entirely rewritten in C, so most of it's fresh.
Let me know if you spot any glaring issues.
Release page on Github (Download here)
https://github.com/JonathanDotCel/uniro ... 1/releases
The readme, also on github.
https://github.com/JonathanDotCel/uniro ... re_for_ps1
Source will be uploaded as I find time!
Please enjoy, take care, and wash your hands.
8.0.2b Released - see page 20 or github or readme.md for details!
----Version 6-7b notes----
► Show Spoiler
[center]The official UniROM program by Sickle[/center]
Okie, this is a pretty experimental build but fixes a bunch of issues. If you're wondering where to start, "R2" is the new boot sequence which auto-applies the unlock. Miniupdate: Just stuffed Squaresoft74's complete rom collection into the .zip!
~ Standalone - Use on smaller carts (E.g. 128k)
~ Caetla - Caetla+Unirom combined. * (Carts > 128k) *
~ Plugin - Has shendo's MCLaunch as an optional addon.**
~ NTSC - Use for Jap/American consoles. ***
~ Built in Serial Comms
~ Removed embedded PSXSerial
~ Experimental .BIN upload (PC tool coming soon)
~ More room for plugins!
~ Improved shell boot sequence (uses BIOS's own boot routine, will warn if you have really old unsupported bios (working on it)).
~ Improved fastboot (displays status, fixes a few errors).
~ Cheat codes (CAETLA now has them and it doesn't crash).
~ Skipped many version numbers arbitrarily (I find weird things amusing).
PSXDEV.net: http://psxdev.net/downloads/unirom.zip (All versions)
* Switch between them at the menu or with the switch atop the cartridge.
** You can add your own plugins to any rom that isn't already _PLUGIN.
*** This is a version of Caetla pre-set to NTSC. Use if for example XFlash supports writing to your EEPROM, but Caetla doesn't. (So it won't be able to save settings once it's on there).
The patched BIOS boot is not working on the really old BIOS's. I could take a stab but without a console in front of me, you'll have to make do with one of the following boot methods: fastboot, CAETLA fastboot, CAETLA fullboot, CAETLA via CDROM menu.
(All original authors are credited in the .zip for their respective contributions/)
Orion_, Intar Technologies, Foo Chen Hon, Shadow, Jihad/HITMEN, Silpheed/HITMEN, Tim Schuerwegen, Barog/Napalm, Cat, K-Comms, Herben, Cybdyn, Type 79, Inc/Lightforce, nocash/no$, TriMesh, Squaresoft74 and all you lovely PSX Peeps.
Don't get me wrong, this was a lot of work, but as you can see overall it quite heavily relies on other peoples' software, so big a thanks to everyone.
---- Older Notes ----
► Show Spoiler
Minor Update to 0.44
-Fixed the bug whereby the cart would boot straight into XFlash if 4th bit of 0x379 was set. (Status port, pin 13 "Select" IIRC).
-Bundled a patched copy of XLink95 with the rest of the PC side software.
-Typos and some other things I can't remember.
http://sicklebrick.com/wp-downloads/sic ... se_044.rar
Minor Update to 0.24
-PSXSerial auto run on SIO activity
-XFlash auto run with PIO activity
-Plugin System (add your menu stuff)
-OMG SO MUCH COMPRESSION! (smaller size)
-Stuffed the original FCD ROMs on the disk just incase.
-Tidied up the code a bit
-Booting should be *way* more stable
-Tidied up the CD boot code a little
-Compressed a few bits for space
-Patched XFlash to have comms auto-enabled
-Stuffed the original FCD ROMs on the disk just incase.
Lol, that was a ridiculous amount of work to disassemble and replicate the SIO libs in ASM, but hopefully the convenience is worth it! As usual, massive thanks to everyone who's helped, given suggestions, let me use their software, etc. \o/
Thanks to Shendo for letting me use MCLauncher - this will likely be the focus of the next update!
http://sicklebrick.com/wp-downloads/sic ... se_024.rar
UniRom 0.2 Release stuff:....
Major update: GUI, nocash unlock and fastboot.
While the first release likely wasn't very much use to anyone other than myself in developing the ROM, or kinda for the fun of it, here we're finally looking at something pretty practical and stable. I'll probably be turning my attention elsewhere for the time being, but hopefully now that it's under the 256k(caetla)/128k(standalone) marks it'll get some use =)
-Caetla 0.34 (for catflap/etc over LPT)
-X-Flash (for X-Killer over LPT)
-PSXSerial 1.3 (for use with PSXSerial over serial)
-MYAR (Foo Chen Hong's third party AR style comms)
Load with Switch on = Caetla
Load with Switch off = UniROM screen
@ Caetla screen:
- nocash unlock is automatically applied for Eur/US systems
- disk autoswap is applied for Jap/Unknown systems.
@ UniROM screen:
- Triangle = Load xFlash (supports XLink/XKiller)
- Circle = Load PSXSerial (supports PSXSerial)
- Square = Boot to PSX BIOS (supports 24bit colour)
- Cross = Menu Selection
- L1 = Disk Swap
- R1 = nocash unlock
- Start/Select = Caetla
- Some other menu options and hidden button combos.
- UniROM screen (supports MYAR/PAR protocol)
Included in the download:
- PSXSerial 1.3 (Shadow & Jihad)
- MyAR (Foo Chen Hon)
- XKiller & GiveIO (Tim Schuerwegen & Sickle)
- CatflapIO (Intar Technologies & Orion_)
- 224kb Full version with Caetla for Xplorer/PAR, etc
- (Plus a pre-saved NTSC version for XFX carts)
- 112kb Lite version without caetla (128kb carts)
- ISO With XFlash + All Caetla, All XPlorer, UniROM Lite, UniROM Full
(Burn with ImgBurn @ slowest speed, boot with swap trick or whatever)
Changes Since first release:
- New menu system!
- New 7pt font. (Brian Kent's 'HomeSpun')
- Added NoCash's Secret Unlock Codes.
- Added SmartCart/Ahoy/Zippy style disk auto-stopping.
- Crunched PSXSerial and XFlash (smaller .exes).
- Pal NTSC auto detection (UniROM, not Caetla)
- Standalone/Emulator/EXE/Caetla version
- Fixed a bug causing caetla to write over stored data.
- Fixed CD IRQ delay issues.
- Caetla now does auto-stop/nocash unlock.
- Fixed Caetla not booting from hard power on.
- Choose fast/full/comms boot regardless of switch state.
- Fixed BIOS booting
- Prepatched Caetla for PAL/NTSC systems.
- Separate menu for standalone version.
- Got the CD part of fastboot working. Yay.
- Implement Xplorer style routines rather than GS (at the main screen, XFlash uses Xplorer anyway)
- Recompile MyAR with GiveIO or InpOut support.
- Work nocash unlock into regular BIOS boot.
As you might know, Caetla 0.34 can be a bit finnicky on the XplorerFX due to it using a different kind of flash mem.
Sometimes flashing while the switch is "on" and flicking the switch while resetting the PSX afterwards helps.
Either way there's an NTSC vesion in the download already. Woo.
Version 0.2 - May 2015 (filesize is smaller)
http://sicklebrick.com/wp-downloads/sic ... ase_02.rar
Version 0.1 - Apr 2015
http://sicklebrick.com/wp-downloads/sic ... ase_01.rar