Start a work log and update it occasionally with your projects progress
Jackhead
Verified
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

DTL-H15000-A PS2 TOOL PA

Post by Jackhead » July 17th, 2023, 5:34 am

Hi,
i know its not PS1 but maybe this can be used also for PS1 dev since the PS2 is compatible to the PS1.
I have a PS2 Tool PA for some time and decited to try out the PA side of the Kit.
So there are tools for the PA on the Sony SDK to record data, and than another tool display the results.
Far as i see its not possible to do in realtime? Its working over ethernet with a host dev PC connected to the tool.
I used a simple switch to connect each other and it works pretty good. Here some pictures where i use the PA on Ape Escape 2 running from the DVD drive.
IMG_4922.JPG
IMG_4923.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PS1 Dev PC: DTL-H2500, H2510, H201A, H800, CDU921S, CD-Emu PSY-Q on Asus P2B with Win98SE

nocash
Verified
PSX Aficionado
PSX Aficionado

Post by nocash » July 18th, 2023, 4:53 pm

With that post, I think you are mostly seeding confusion... it does require quite some guesswork and research to figure out what you might be talking about... what the heck is a PA, which of those screenshots are (not) supposed to show Ape Escape 2, is any of those screenshots meant to show information from a PS1 game?

Anyways, from what I have heard, the PS2 backwards compatibility feature is rather useless for PS1 development.