questions about BULIDCD

General PSX CD Troubleshooting, PSX CD-ROM Mastering and Disc Creation
me odeio
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1002

questions about BULIDCD

Post by me odeio » July 19th, 2023, 10:44 am

hello I'm new here on the forum it's my first post I'm having some problems with BULIDCD I want to rebuild gran turismo with BULIDCD STRIPISO etc after that I went to test the iso but the game music is not working. Do you know any way I can make the game music work?

nocash
Verified
PSX Aficionado
PSX Aficionado

Post by nocash » July 19th, 2023, 3:08 pm

The first step is: Try to figure out what kind of data format you have stored your music in.
Also, bulidcd sounds as if you might have misspelled buildcd, which would be fatal in commandlines.

me odeio
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by me odeio » July 20th, 2023, 6:46 am

I think I configured the file correctly but I get an error saying that the xa file needs to be a multiple of 2336

me odeio
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by me odeio » July 20th, 2023, 8:02 am

nocash wrote: July 19th, 2023, 3:08 pm The first step is: Try to figure out what kind of data format you have stored your music in.
Also, bulidcd sounds as if you might have misspelled buildcd, which would be fatal in commandlines.

me odeio
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by me odeio » July 20th, 2023, 8:06 am

me odeio wrote: July 20th, 2023, 8:02 am
nocash wrote: July 19th, 2023, 3:08 pm The first step is: Try to figure out what kind of data format you have stored your music in.

if you can parse the .cti file can you tell me what is wrong:

.cti link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/9120yi8t ... N.CTI/file

me odeio
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by me odeio » July 21st, 2023, 5:47 am

Does anyone know how to resolve this error?

nocash
Verified
PSX Aficionado
PSX Aficionado

Post by nocash » July 22nd, 2023, 9:51 am

If you get an error message about the file not being a multiple of 2336 bytes (920h bytes), make sure that the file is having the desired size (and more importantly, it must actually contain the required sector headers for 920h-byte sectors).

Did you modify that file? Or do you have those problems even when using the original unmodified file?

I am not sure what you mean by XA file. The whole disc is in XA format, so XA could refer to all files. Or did you mean something like XA-ADPCM files, or the XA-specific FORM2 sector format?

One eye-catching thing in the CTI file is that two files don't have any type assigned, did you do that intentionally, or did you just forget to specify the type?

The screenshots... my browser doesn't display them at all, but I've managed to see them using a different browser... although only at low resolution... but they seem to contain text messages... couldn't you just copy/paste the text, please? From what I can see the text seems to contain line numbers... so you might want to check the CTI files to see which file(s) are loaded in those lines... I hope you can do that and don't need help on finding the line numbers ; )

me odeio
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by me odeio » July 24th, 2023, 2:40 pm

nocash wrote: July 22nd, 2023, 9:51 am If you get an error message about the file not being a multiple of 2336 bytes (920h bytes), make sure that the file is having the desired size (and more importantly, it must actually contain the required sector headers for 920h-byte sectors).

Did you modify that file? Or do you have those problems even when using the original unmodified file?

I am not sure what you mean by XA file. The whole disc is in XA format, so XA could refer to all files. Or did you mean something like XA-ADPCM files, or the XA-specific FORM2 sector format?

One eye-catching thing in the CTI file is that two files don't have any type assigned, did you do that intentionally, or did you just forget to specify the type?

The screenshots... my browser doesn't display them at all, but I've managed to see them using a different browser... although only at low resolution... but they seem to contain text messages... couldn't you just copy/paste the text, please? From what I can see the text seems to contain line numbers... so you might want to check the CTI files to see which file(s) are loaded in those lines... I hope you can do that and don't need help on finding the line numbers ; )
in cti the 2 files without ownership were intentional because as their structure are .xa and .str compressed into .dat files but I managed to solve the error. Also, do you know how to make cdda discs in bulidcd? (those mixed disks)

nocash
Verified
PSX Aficionado
PSX Aficionado

Post by nocash » July 25th, 2023, 2:49 pm

I have never used that buildcd tool. But you can easily find info when searching for buildcd + cdda.
But please consider to use the correct spelling. It's called buildcd (like B-U-I-L-D), not bulidcd (B-U-L-I-D).

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » July 25th, 2023, 3:13 pm

nocash wrote: July 25th, 2023, 2:49 pm I have never used that buildcd tool. But you can easily find info when searching for buildcd + cdda.
But please consider to use the correct spelling. It's called buildcd (like B-U-I-L-D), not bulidcd (B-U-L-I-D).
If you are having trouble using BUILDCD, then try the MKPSXISO tool.
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

me odeio
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by me odeio » July 27th, 2023, 1:32 pm

Shadow wrote: July 25th, 2023, 3:13 pm
nocash wrote: July 25th, 2023, 2:49 pm I have never used that buildcd tool. But you can easily find info when searching for buildcd + cdda.
If you are having trouble using BUILDCD, then try the MKPSXISO tool.
I tried to use mkpsxiso but it didn't work on my pc (I think because my pc is 32) but does BUILDCD manage to form iso from mixed cds?

scorpion2k81
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User
I am a: Programmer
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5502

Post by scorpion2k81 » September 13th, 2023, 6:52 pm

me odeio wrote: July 27th, 2023, 1:32 pm I tried to use mkpsxiso but it didn't work on my pc (I think because my pc is 32) but does BUILDCD manage to form iso from mixed cds?
Hi, I compiled the mkpsxiso tools in Windows 32bit version:
https://mega.nz/file/2A1nhYhK#xz3YLH7Wb ... hGZZ2klXZw