Trouble getting Siocons connected to PC

Need help for the Yaroze SDK? Ask a question or look for an answer here. For programming questions or anything else, please see the PlayStation 1 section since the Yaroze has the exact same hardware as a normal PlayStation
ndiddy
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Trouble getting Siocons connected to PC

Post by ndiddy » May 30th, 2018, 9:59 am

I thought that Net Yaroze would be a good place to start on the Playstation due to the archived tutorials and simpler API. However, I can't get Siocons to talk to my Windows 98 PC to talk to the Playstation over serial. I can receive the boot message that the boot CD sends and enter commands into the debug console if I'm using Hyperterminal but whenever I try to type anything in Siocons it says "DTL-H3000 not ready". If it helps trace the problem, I'm using a SharkLink cable to connect my PS1 to the computer (read a bunch of stuff online that said it would work, and definitely cheaper than a real Yaroze cable), so maybe that's the issue?

ndiddy
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Re: Trouble getting Siocons connected to PC

Post by ndiddy » May 30th, 2018, 10:48 am

Note that CodeWarrior also can download data to the PS1, just not Siocons.

danhans42
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///
IRC: danhans42
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7502
Want to Find: Inspiration

Re: Trouble getting Siocons connected to PC

Post by danhans42 » July 7th, 2018, 6:50 pm

I have a Sharklink cable but never managed to get it to work with SIOCONS.

Easiest method I found was going down the full USB-Serial route and running the Yaroze tools in DOSBOX. This works perfectly for me. (There is some info on how to do this with a PSone in the link in my signature if you cant find it on the forum)
♥ PSX - http://psx0.wordpress.com

My collection - SCPH-102/SCPH-7502, Yaroze Modded PSone, PocketStation (Clear), 2x Xplorer Carts, 2x Xplorer Pro, 2x AR Carts (1 with Ezoray), GS Pro 3, ISA Comms Link Card. Various USB serial devices, Gameshark Sharklink, Kentai Eddy, iMode Cable & other bits and bobs.