Problem with CdReadFile...Help needed

General Programming help in C, C++ or ASM, Compiling / Debugging, and R3000A Central Processing Unit (CPU) information
LameGuy64
Verified
Psy-Q Enthusiast
Psy-Q Enthusiast
I am a: Hobbyist Game Developer
Motto: Commercial or not, play it!
PlayStation Model: H2000/7000

Problem with CdReadFile...Help needed

Post by LameGuy64 » June 2nd, 2013, 11:41 pm

Whenever I call CdReadFile or call it multiple times, it sometimes freezes depending on the number of files I stuck into the CD image.

My program uses a pretty simple cache system using a 16KB buffer to make file access a lot easier for me to do. The problem is, when CdReadFile is called again to read more data from the file into the buffer, it sometimes locks up and the CD activity icon blinks in rapid bursts in pSX indicating a drive malfunction error.

I'm not sure if this problem is caused by my code, how I mastered the CD image, or is it a bug in the emulator. I can provide the source if necessary.

EDIT: Never mind about this...I figured out that the read issues were caused by a buggy ISO mastering tool I used. When I switched to PSx CD-Gen and DiscPatcher, all the read problems were solved.
Please don't forget to include my name if you share my work around. Credit where it is due.

Dev. Console: SCPH-7000 with SCPH-7501 ROM, MM3, PAL color fix, Direct AV ports, DB-9 port for Serial I/O, and a Xplorer FX with Caetla 0.35.

DTL-H2000 PC: Dell Optiplex GX110, Windows 98SE & Windows XP, Pentium III 933MHz, 384MB SDRAM, ATI Radeon 7000 VE 64MB, Soundblaster Audigy, 40GB Seagate HDD, Hitachi Lite-on CD-RW Drive, ZIP 250 and 3.5" Floppy.