First Post

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
imagoth2004
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1002

First Post

Post by imagoth2004 » May 5th, 2024, 11:55 am

Hi there~

I figured I'd make my first post here to introduce myself.

Most online friends call me Gawth, but I'm cool with whatever. I have a background in C++, which was taught to me by my uncle, who was into coding. However, I had a bit of a brain injury in 2008, which caused some retrograde amnesia, so I've been trying to relearn it again but decided to dive into Python as well. Of course, my uncle was into gaming as well. I remember one of my earlier childhood experiences when I was playing Zelda 2 on NES and swapping back and forth with him. Sadly, not long after my accident, my uncle passed away from cancer.

This leads me to today. I decided to try learning how to code for PS1, or more specifically, reverse engineering for Japanese translation. I lived out there for a few years and purchased a few games that I was a big fan of, but it wasn't until I stumbled across a few videos that I wanted to attempt it for myself.

I'll post what I have done so far in the projects section soon, but for now, it's a pleasure to meet you all!

gwald
Verified
Net Yaroze Enthusiast
Net Yaroze Enthusiast
I am a: programmer/DBA
PlayStation Model: Net Yaroze

Post by gwald » May 6th, 2024, 10:28 pm

Hi Welcome.

chemiseguess
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by chemiseguess » May 13th, 2024, 6:41 pm

imagoth2004 wrote: May 5th, 2024, 11:55 am Hi there~

I figured I'd make my first post here to introduce myself.

Most online friends call me Gawth, but I'm cool with whatever. I have a background in C++dinosaur game, which was taught to me by my uncle, who was into coding. However, I had a bit of a brain injury in 2008, which caused some retrograde amnesia, so I've been trying to relearn it again but decided to dive into Python as well. Of course, my uncle was into gaming as well. I remember one of my earlier childhood experiences when I was playing Zelda 2 on NES and swapping back and forth with him. Sadly, not long after my accident, my uncle passed away from cancer.

This leads me to today. I decided to try learning how to code for PS1, or more specifically, reverse engineering for Japanese translation. I lived out there for a few years and purchased a few games that I was a big fan of, but it wasn't until I stumbled across a few videos that I wanted to attempt it for myself.

I'll post what I have done so far in the projects section soon, but for now, it's a pleasure to meet you all!
Hello, nice to meet you. I'm also a new member.

Mr Rokobot
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User
Motto: Domo Arigato, Mr. Rokobot.
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5502

Post by Mr Rokobot » May 14th, 2024, 2:38 am

Ahai! Welcome!
Development Console: SCPH-7502 with MM3 Modchip, PAL Color Fix, PSxMemCard 512GB SD with FreePSXBoot, Action Replay with UniRom.
Development PC: Windows 98 SE, QDI P6V693A/A5/133E (Advance 5/133E) Motherboard, Pentium III 450 Mhz, 768MB SDRAM.