Need some help with TIMS

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
TheCAWArchive
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?
PlayStation Model: SCPH 1001

Need some help with TIMS

Post by TheCAWArchive » December 19th, 2023, 10:55 am

Tim files have got to be the most annoying thing I have ever had to tackle. I'm trying to replace some textures in WWF Attitude on the PSX but I am hitting one massive brick wall.

The IMGtoTIM tool doesn't work on my computer, for apparently no reason. I'm trying to convert some custom textures I made as PNG's in GIMP to TIMS that can be injected back into the data files to replace the ones already there. Please help. I've spent all week on this and I cannot find a way forward. I know the new TIMS needs to be exactly the same size and scale as the ones I'm replacing but I only have them as PNG's. I need to convert them to TIMS and the tool isn't working for me so how can I do this?

ruthardle
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?
PlayStation Model: SCPH 1002

Post by ruthardle » March 23rd, 2024, 9:23 am

Hello geometry dash scratch, I think you can try going to the "File" menu in your image editing software and select "Save As" or "Export." Choose the TIM format as the output format and save the file. You may be prompted to adjust specific settings related to color depth or compression during the save/export process. Make sure to select options that are compatible with WWF Attitude and the PSX.