Any tutorials on wiring your own Playstation 1 mouse?

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
tessa
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?
I am a: Playstation 1 Gamer
PlayStation Model: 1001
Want to Find: Mods pertaining to hardware
Looking to: Programming and modding

Any tutorials on wiring your own Playstation 1 mouse?

Post by tessa » June 2nd, 2019, 1:28 am

Subject as clear as I can make the question.. Maybe someone can look at some existing wiring of a mouse who owns one and share how it is wired into the PlayStation peripheral controller end that way people wouldn't need to cough up $50 for something that is relatively worth less than $2?
:cross :cross :cross :cross :cross
"chop chop chop chop chop" - PaRappa

danhans42
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///
IRC: danhans42
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7502
Want to Find: Inspiration

Re: Any tutorials on wiring your own Playstation 1 mouse?

Post by danhans42 » June 3rd, 2019, 10:34 pm

It's too custom, and way more than a wiring job which is why there is scent information on it.

PC mice use PS/2, serial or USB.. The Playstation uses a slightly tweaked version of SPI. I don't think much reverse engineering had been done. I would say it's not possible to wire a mouse into a pad because it won't work.

I bought the official mouse and mousemat boxed for £18 which I thought was pricey, and you are right... They are expensive for what they are.
♥ PSX - http://psx0.wordpress.com

My collection - SCPH-102/SCPH-7502, Yaroze Modded PSone, PocketStation (Clear), 2x Xplorer Carts, 2x Xplorer Pro, 2x AR Carts (1 with Ezoray), GS Pro 3, ISA Comms Link Card. Various USB serial devices, Gameshark Sharklink, Kentai Eddy, iMode Cable & other bits and bobs.