A follower from a small european country

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
Topcronos
Donator & Supporter
Donator & Supporter

A follower from a small european country

Post by Topcronos » January 19th, 2013, 9:19 pm

Hi guys,

I have been following your project over the past few months, donated a few weeks ago to further support the project, and I am now decided to post and present myself.

I am 33 years old, native from France and lives in Luxembourg.
Interested in all video games, computing and electronic stuffs.
I have been fixing consoles as well as soldering modchips for more than 15 years in nearly all video game consoles, from earlier PSX, Dreamcast to more recent XBOX 360 and PS3 (fixing YLOD etc...).
I have good memories of soldering those NEO4 modchips with their 40+ soldering points in early Playstation 2.
I used to program my own 12C508 pics back in the old days as well (I still have some blank chips fyi, as it seems they are getting hard to find nowadays).

I am also an audiophile and enjoy listening music. Given the high audio quality that can be output from earlier PSX model (100x to 550x boards) thanks to the proper implementation of its high end AKM DAC and my passion for video games, the links between my 2 hobbies was really easy to find !
Consequently I am now building high end CD player based on PlayStation 1 early models, optimising the analog output stage as well as PSU units. But the laser unit have always been the weakest point and I am keen to find an alternative to get around that.
And this is where my interest in your project begins....