Yu-Gi-Oh! models for the Oculus Rift

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
jeffythedragonslayer
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Yu-Gi-Oh! models for the Oculus Rift

Post by jeffythedragonslayer » February 27th, 2014, 10:03 am

Hi there all! So, I'm writing a Yu-Gi-Oh! fangame for the Oculus Rift, much like Kaiba Corp developed holographic technology in the anime. I think people would like to see holographic Yu-Gi-Oh monsters in 3D, but I haven't had much success getting the models from Forbidden Memories.

There is a file on the CD called MODEL.MRG which according to this thread, contains the models, sounds, textures, and code.

The other thing I tried is ripping the models from a running emulator. I was able to get the textures with OGLE extractor, but the vertex data is corrupted and appears all flat. I also tried 3D Ripper DX which outputs 3dr MAX files, but they simply have no data.

Does anyone know any successful methods of extracting PS1 models? If this proves fruitless, I might just use parallax mapped images from the cards.

Shendo
Verified
C Programming Expert
C Programming Expert
I am a: Programmer
Motto: Never settle
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7502
Discord: ShendoXT

Post by Shendo » February 28th, 2014, 6:01 am

jeffythedragonslayer wrote: The other thing I tried is ripping the models from a running emulator. I was able to get the textures with OGLE extractor, but the vertex data is corrupted and appears all flat. I also tried 3D Ripper DX which outputs 3dr MAX files, but they simply have no data.
It's not corrupted. PS1 lacks a Z-Buffer, that's why you get flat models.
Dev console: SCPH-7502, FreePSXBoot, CH340 serial cable.

ronaldoguedess
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by ronaldoguedess » January 4th, 2016, 2:20 am

So it is impossible to extract the file "MODEL.MRG" in game "Yugioh - Falsebound Kingdom"?

really needed to get the models for me to work in an augmented reality project.

if anyone can help me I will be grateful ...

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » January 4th, 2016, 2:58 am

It depends. They might have an encryption or scramble algorithm so people can't use their model data, in which case, it will need to be decoded. You're best talking with 'Ughman' in the IRC channel about it since that's his specialty.
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.