Today, I wanted to start the dev log of my very first game developed for the Sony PlayStation. I chose to build a clone of the popular game Breakout by Atari.
The game will be a 2.5D game, meaning that you control the game 2D but it is actually rendered using 3D models.
A licensed ISO of the current state of the game can be downloaded HERE (Last updated May 27th, 2022).
Please note that the game is currently developed for PAL mode, and targets 50 FPS and a screen resolution of 320x256. The game is developed using in C using the PSY-Q SDK and LibGS.
- Support for Control Pad, Analog Controller and the DualShock
- Title screen
- 3D models
- Custom font rendering
- 8 different levels
- Support to pause the game
- Support for high score list using the MEMORY CARD
- Support for Sound Effects and Audio
- Option to enable vibration on the Dual Shock
- Lots of polishing and optimizations as well as code refactoring (adding animations, optimizing file formats, etc.)
- Add credits and gameplay options
- Add support for NTSC
- Apply feedback from the community (YOU)
Running on real hardware
I would really love to hear your feedback!