Hi'ya

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
yogi
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Hi'ya

Post by yogi » June 24th, 2013, 3:04 am

Hey, all! I go by Yogi. like'n what's going on here, just getting into the PSX. I am very intrested in all things chip music/console modding, and hangout at Chipmusic.org, Midibox.org, Atariage.com.
Brief Background Warning:
Been a EE tech for years, working on wireless com systems, and messing with uControllers for fun (started in the '80 on a RCA 1802 Cosmac). So fast forward to the launch of the Xbox; got one for my kids for xmas. Well, after 4 months had a real nice door stop! Thats when I discovered mod chips, the internet is such a wonderful invention.
Since then, been playing around with A2600 and my beloved A800 (still have my original from the '80s), NES, Sega Genny and GG, C64 and VIC with a eye towards music.Then a little while ago I started to wonder what I can do with the old PSOne that one of the kids left behind when he grew up and moved out. So I got a MTV Music Gen CD from Ebay and am starting there ( just scored a nice SCPH 1001 for $10 at the thrift store, Oh Yea)
Wish List:
Seeing a native tracker with Midi support, ported to the PSX (just found out that Milky Tracker has been ported to the Xbox360).
So, Hi and would like to hear from any like minded.
Yogi
Life's short, eat dessert first

bizarro2011
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User

Post by bizarro2011 » June 24th, 2013, 3:25 am

you know create sound.mod?

inc^lightforce
Verified
Psy-Q Enthusiast
Psy-Q Enthusiast
I am a: Programmer Windows+PS1, GFX Artist
PlayStation Model: Black

Post by inc^lightforce » June 24th, 2013, 3:32 am

why do you ask all ppl in here and somewhere? i answered your question. there is no other way. please read my answer in your Topic. ----> http://www.psxdev.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=348

bizarro2011
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User

Post by bizarro2011 » June 24th, 2013, 4:04 am

put the sound file it.

yogi
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by yogi » June 24th, 2013, 4:34 am

Not knowing squat on the PSX, but I can echo that a '.mod' is the song file from a tracker. It includes the sequence data (patterns) and the instruments (could be Wav samples) needed to replay. Far more compressed compared to a full .Wav song.
Would like to know more about the PSX's ingame sound formats.
Life's short, eat dessert first

inc^lightforce
Verified
Psy-Q Enthusiast
Psy-Q Enthusiast
I am a: Programmer Windows+PS1, GFX Artist
PlayStation Model: Black

Post by inc^lightforce » June 24th, 2013, 5:58 am

mod sounds are amiga sound modules.
later, mod-sounds we used in our cracktros but *.mod sounds are not used in games.