Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

NO$PSX Feature Requests

Post by Shadow » August 13th, 2017, 3:57 pm

NO$PSX - Highly Requested Features
:null:
  • Have the ability to debug CPE files that have been compiled under Psy-Q with the '-g' command (via CCPSX) which will use the Psy-Q *.SYM (symbol files) to debug the source code in real-time (exactly like a DTL-H2000) [Requested by: Shadow & LameGuy64]
    :null:
  • Display 'cop2' instructions in the debugger as GTE commands (RTPT, NCLIP, etc) as well as displaying 'cop2' registers as regular r0-r31 registers or 'C2_*' macros that represents the register's purpose (C2_XY0, C2_Z0, etc like when writing GTE routines in assembly with the macro headers in the official development kit) [Requested by: LameGuy64].
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

Gh0stBlade
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by Gh0stBlade » August 21st, 2017, 12:49 am

I've been asking for this feature several times over the years. I hope No$psx in the future can emulate sio parallel port. This will allow running games which attempt to retrieve files from a PC via PCOpen/PCClose etc.

gwald
Verified
Net Yaroze Enthusiast
Net Yaroze Enthusiast
I am a: programmer/DBA
PlayStation Model: Net Yaroze

Post by gwald » August 26th, 2017, 6:55 pm

2nd controller support would be very nice? :/

Someone
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by Someone » November 2nd, 2017, 11:38 pm

Wireframe rendering as a debug feature is really needed.

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » February 19th, 2018, 1:30 am

Real-time debugging support on a real PlayStation would be awesome. At the moment, I think "Upload a PS-EXE" only uploads to the PSX's RAM. It doesn't actually allow you to debug the program running I don't believe.

I'd also really like to see the GUI re-designed to something more like S.N System's design.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » April 6th, 2018, 11:52 pm

There is a major bug in NO$PSX V2.0 which is that the TOC (Table of Contents) is not being updated correctly: http://www.psxdev.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 158#p14340

Squaresoft74
Verified
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7502

Post by Squaresoft74 » May 25th, 2018, 11:08 am

Uploading exe to Xplorer / Xplorer FX, no matter what original rom version they had, worked flawlessly and the upload is damn fast and stable compared to X-killer. :clap
Great work with that stuff, thank you very much for this. :praise
Maybe Caetla roms support could be considered in later release ?

ViLXDRYAD
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User
I am a: Avocado lover
Motto: FR E SH A VOCA DO
PlayStation Model: SCPH1001

Post by ViLXDRYAD » May 26th, 2018, 2:48 pm

being able search for ascii strings and for values changed over a step would be incredibly useful imo

celophi
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by celophi » August 12th, 2019, 3:22 pm

Memory breakpoints on read/write would be heaven.

train_conductor
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?
Discord: Ælíd#8485

Post by train_conductor » November 20th, 2022, 2:25 am

Have a memory usage indicator, so it is easy to see the Main RAM, SPU RAM and GPU RAM usage levels.

masterg0r0
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User
I am a: Modder and Hobbyist Developer
Motto: Everything is hackable 100%!
PlayStation Model: 1002+7502

Post by masterg0r0 » November 24th, 2022, 7:47 am

Whenever I boot up the PS1 BIOS on the latest version of "NO$PSX", it freezes on the Sony Computer Entertainment screen. Looking in the TTY command logs, there seems to be some interferance with the CD-ROM DMA channel by the looks of it. I'm using the latest version of "NO$PSX", version 2.8 to be exact and not the gaming version.

Code: Select all

PS-X Realtime Kernel Ver.2.5
Copyright 1993,1994 (C) Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. 
KERNEL SETUP!

Configuration : EvCB    0x10            TCB     0x04
System ROM Version 4.1 12/16/97 E
Copyright 1993-1997 (C) Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
ResetCallback: _96_remove ..
System Controller ROM Version 99/02/01 c3
PS-X Control PAD Driver  Ver 3.0
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
IRQ3 DMA DMA2.GPU
Last edited by masterg0r0 on December 4th, 2022, 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexfree
Verified
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User
I am a: Programmer, Gamer
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1000

Post by alexfree » December 3rd, 2022, 8:12 am

Allow disc swapping (open/close drive lid WITHOUT RESET), like DuckStation.

I'd also like to know if anyone has gotten this working well with wine. Most games encounter a 'mem full' error when using wine to play them.

nocash
Verified
PSX Aficionado
PSX Aficionado

Post by nocash » December 3rd, 2022, 11:18 pm

alexfree wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 8:12 am Allow disc swapping (open/close drive lid WITHOUT RESET), like DuckStation.
Disabling the "Autostart CDROM" checkbox (in lower-left of the Open file dialog window) when loading the CDROM-image should work.
alexfree wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 8:12 am I'd also like to know if anyone has gotten this working well with wine. Most games encounter a 'mem full' error when using wine to play them.
I've never heard about that problem. As far as I know, no$gba is working fine with wine, and no$psx should require even less memory (compared to no$gba in NDS mode with huge memory mapped NDS rom-images).

Does the error screen look as if it's generated by no$psx, or by the OS utself? And does the error message really say 'mem full'? I can't find any such message in my source code.

And when does that error occur, immediately after loading the ROM-image, or after running the emulation for some minutes? There are some logging functions in no$psx that might allocate more and more memory over time (for TTY messages and for the most recent video frame in the GPU/VRAM viewer, the latter can be a problem with homebrew code that doesn't do "swap buffers" to indicate the begin of a new frame).

PS. If it's logging related: does it also occur in gaming version? And, you have the most recent no$psx v2.1, right?

alexfree
Verified
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User

Post by alexfree » December 5th, 2022, 3:42 am

nocash wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 11:18 pm
alexfree wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 8:12 am Allow disc swapping (open/close drive lid WITHOUT RESET), like DuckStation.
Disabling the "Autostart CDROM" checkbox (in lower-left of the Open file dialog window) when loading the CDROM-image should work.
alexfree wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 8:12 am I'd also like to know if anyone has gotten this working well with wine. Most games encounter a 'mem full' error when using wine to play them.
I've never heard about that problem. As far as I know, no$gba is working fine with wine, and no$psx should require even less memory (compared to no$gba in NDS mode with huge memory mapped NDS rom-images).

Does the error screen look as if it's generated by no$psx, or by the OS utself? And does the error message really say 'mem full'? I can't find any such message in my source code.

And when does that error occur, immediately after loading the ROM-image, or after running the emulation for some minutes? There are some logging functions in no$psx that might allocate more and more memory over time (for TTY messages and for the most recent video frame in the GPU/VRAM viewer, the latter can be a problem with homebrew code that doesn't do "swap buffers" to indicate the begin of a new frame).

PS. If it's logging related: does it also occur in gaming version? And, you have the most recent no$psx v2.1, right?
Thank you for the response. I will check with the memory error and let you know.

alexfree
Verified
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User

Post by alexfree » December 7th, 2022, 5:53 pm

nocash wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 11:18 pm

I setup no $ psx emu v2.1 with lutris (on linux using a different wine version from lutris) and it works great now, including the swapping of discs without reset. Thanks a lot, now this can be my main emulator for testing things.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add even larger fonts? I also can not find a way to increase the font size for the debug tty messages window.

mkultimate
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by mkultimate » May 21st, 2023, 12:51 am

Add these features

1.: fps counter, this helps when you want to go for 60 fps, where it is set to 30 to start the game and when unlocked to 60 the counter should change to 60fps, I do this but with the ePSXe emulator, since it detects the change of FPS, this would be of great help.

2.: add copy the address shown in the status bar

3.: Add to pause or not the emulator when losing focus, for realtime editing in memory.

4.: add edit the instruction when executing double click and the instruction is complete only to edit something necessary and not write the complete instruction.

5.: add search AOB

6.: add copy AOB

nocash
Verified
PSX Aficionado
PSX Aficionado

Post by nocash » May 25th, 2023, 6:28 am

fps counter - I don't know what you mean, there is an option for displaying the emulation speed (in percents) and the number of rendered/emulated frames (per second) in the window caption - if you mean that?

copy address & edit old instructions - yes, isn't yet released, but I have added and a few more things that a while ago.

auto pause - yeah, I should probably add that someday, especially for the gaming version. Ah, wait, you mean opposite: NOT pausing the game window when the debug window is in foreground... not planned at the moment, but that's an interesting idea.

AOB - I don't know what that means... business something?

mkultimate
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by mkultimate » May 25th, 2023, 10:26 pm

nocash wrote: May 25th, 2023, 6:28 am fps counter - I don't know what you mean, there is an option for displaying the emulation speed (in percents) and the number of rendered/emulated frames (per second) in the window caption - if you mean that?

copy address & edit old instructions - yes, isn't yet released, but I have added and a few more things that a while ago.

auto pause - yeah, I should probably add that someday, especially for the gaming version. Ah, wait, you mean opposite: NOT pausing the game window when the debug window is in foreground... not planned at the moment, but that's an interesting idea.

AOB - I don't know what that means... business something?
AOB (Array Of Bytes scan)

On the subject of FPS, I'll explain, when you're looking to unlock 60 fps, when you have a counter activated where it shows 30 fps and you unlock 60 fps, the counter changes from 30 to 60 fps

inirdin
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?
Discord: inirdin

Post by inirdin » August 13th, 2023, 2:52 am

Being able to save/export the correctly colored texture in bottom right corner in Vram Viewer would be nice. :praise

Lollie
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by Lollie » October 17th, 2023, 1:51 pm

I've mentioned it before, but support for PocketStation memory card functions - the ability to save and load PocketStation-specific data on a memory card - would be greatly welcomed. To date, XEBRA is the only PS1 emulator with support for these functions.

(Relatedly, NO$GBA is also unable to save data to PocketStation memory cards.)