[WTB] DTL-H2000 Boards, xplorer cart

Buy, sell and trade PlayStation 1 related software and/or hardware
Forum rules
We do not take any responsibility for what you buy, sell or trade in this forum. You may however report suspicious users and scammers.

Only PlayStation 1 based equipment may be bought, sold and traded here.

Please bump topics only every 14 days (2 weeks) otherwise we will lock the topic.

When listing an item for sale, you must include in each photo alongside the item your name/handle on physical media (paper, cardboard sign, mobile phone displaying it, etc).

You may only list items for sale when your post count is greater than 5 or if you are a verified user.
Nomad
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User
I am a: Programmer, Digital Arist
PlayStation Model: 7501

[WTB] DTL-H2000 Boards, xplorer cart

Post by Nomad » January 31st, 2018, 7:00 pm

This year i've had some hopes of setting up a dev machine to get into this stuff, I have been surfing around ebay and other sources for the last few days and all efforts came up nil, it seems all roads lead here and I might aswell try asking if anyone has a pair of these for sale. :praise

Also I am interested in snagging an xplorer cart if someone has one of those laying around (came up short on ebay for those aswell)

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » January 31st, 2018, 8:43 pm

We have H2000's, but we only sell them to programmers who are seriously keen on making stuff for the PSX. Take for example LameGuy64. He made on his H2000 an incredibly outstanding 3D engine. We will only sell them to people who create stuff like that. Best thing is to start with the Xplorer and see what you can do with it. If you create something good and show us, we'll sell you a board :)

The reason behind this is so that the boards go to actual developers and not collectors who will horde them.
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

Nomad
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by Nomad » February 1st, 2018, 5:25 am

fair enough,i'll come back when I got some sort of a setup going, the main reason I wanted the boards is because its obviously more desirable to learn the more "official way", interfacing with actual hardware, versus the emulator or the more common methods but at the same time i guess it makes more sense to start with the more common methods then the die hard way, baby steps, cheers 8-)

Nomad
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by Nomad » February 1st, 2018, 4:18 pm

also still no luck finding an xplorer cart, if someone has one for sale please let me know

Orion_
Verified
Legendary Programmer
Legendary Programmer
I am a: Programmer
PlayStation Model: Net Yaroze

Post by Orion_ » February 1st, 2018, 8:25 pm

search Xplorer or Xploder on ebay you have plenty of these
https://www.ebay.fr/sch/i.html?_odkw=xp ... r&_sacat=0
Retro game development on Playstation and other consoles http://orionsoft.free.fr/

Nomad
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by Nomad » February 2nd, 2018, 6:16 am

Thanks, I am not entirely sure on the differences between the Xplorer and the Xploder, but I found a cheap "Xploder" hopefully it will do the job, I found a few threads here that mention both in use (I think)

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » February 2nd, 2018, 3:56 pm

I think Xploder was the USA variant, and Xplorer was the UK one. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

kHn
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User

Post by kHn » February 2nd, 2018, 5:03 pm

That's right.
Xploder = USA, Germany
Xplorer = UK, France, Spain, Italy
X-Terminator = Japan

muramasa
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by muramasa » April 13th, 2018, 3:13 am

The price is definitely a bit extreme but if you want a set now.
http://www.retrogames.co.uk/040004/Play ... opment-Set

DTL-H2000's pop up from time to time but it probably makes much more sense to get your feet wet with the Xplorer or psxserial.