how to use ECMEM.COM convert

BIOS, Controllers, Memory Cards, Serial I/O, Parallel I/O, etc.
lyokopsx
BANNED
BANNED

how to use ECMEM.COM convert

Post by lyokopsx » November 11th, 2017, 3:39 am

Hello everyone

here I want to know how to use this converter caetla and or find his .exe that I saw his screan shot in this topic http://www.psxdev.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=401

this is what his resembles

or find this exe?

and I want to know how to use the utility ECMEM Qand it launches it in the command prompt here is what I can do

<PS-EXE Filename> this code that I know how to use as exe2card the no of my exe that I want to convert

[BMP Filename] [MC Filename] [How] but all these code I had no idea

and I do not know the exe that launches them into the psx

And thank you in advance

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » November 11th, 2017, 7:20 am

Uhm, that screenshot is nothing more than the Sony example on how to program and work with Memory Cards. I'm actually really getting tired of your posts, because they are lacking in English and general context. You're also cross-referencing to another users post which doesn't make any sense based off of your dictation. We do not know what on earth it is you're after, and if you do not stop posting rubbish like this on our forums, we will have to ban your account. A warning has been issued to you. And thank you in advance.
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

kHn
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User

Post by kHn » November 11th, 2017, 7:48 am

Not sure what the OP wants to achieve with the SCE memcard sample program, although I've tried to decipher the broken post...
Where to find ECMEM.COM ? ecmem.zip
How to use it ? Command prompt.
ECMEM ver.1.00E (c)1998 K-Comm.
usage : ECMEM <PS-EXE Filename> [BMP Filename] [MC Filename] [Comment]
-T<num(dec)> Number of tasks(def=4)
-E<num(dec)> Number of events (def=16)
-B<num(dec)> Max number of blocks for file(def=15)
func. : Make PS-EXEs storable on a mem-card.
Example :
ECMEMENG.COM PSX.EXE TRANSICO.BMP EXEC00002

PSX.EXE is your PS-X executable file. <PS-EXE Filename>
TRANSICO.BMP is a bitmap file, 16x16, 16 colours. [BMP Filename]
EXEC00002 is the save file name. [MC Filename]
Observations : I couldn't figure out how the "comment" parameter works, sorry. As for the input file names, just respect the glorious 8.3 DOS standard.
EDIT : Heh, [Comment] is the name of the save, which is displayed in the browser/manager. In this example, it is "m-ses-cd".

Some screenshots :

Cannot help more, since I fried my SCPH-7502 with a rubbish MC, while doing the screen captures. The poor console has resetted when I've inserted the memory card, the MC/pad block and the parallel I/O connector don't get juice anymore. I'm upset as f*** now :evil: .
Last edited by kHn on November 11th, 2017, 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » November 11th, 2017, 8:05 am

Sounds like the 7V rail is blown. Check the fuses.
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

kHn
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User

Post by kHn » November 11th, 2017, 1:58 pm

Yup. At least the two following fuses are toasted :
15 is on the CTR 3.3V line, 20 is on one of the two +8V lines. PU-22 board btw.
Can't check the other fuses, since I have no proper continuity tester here. I'll know if the rumble motors and unofficial memcards work as soon as the 2 fuses are replaced.
Thanks for the advice ! Now I need to find a source for the fuses...

lyokopsx
BANNED
BANNED

Post by lyokopsx » November 12th, 2017, 10:15 pm

thank you very much for this tutorial

I am very sorry for your fuse is that if I try my fuse also will also be down?

I repeat I am very sorry for the breakdown

CodeAsm
Verified
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User
I am a: Programmer, Student

Post by CodeAsm » November 13th, 2017, 12:34 am

The breakdown seems to be unrelated to your questioning. it was because of a memorycard.
your fuse will be fine
Development Console: SCPH-102, unkown clone Modchip, PAL , FTDI board build into the case (microUSB) for Serial I/O.
Development Computer: GNU/Linux, Arch x86_64 Linux 4.20.3, i7-3632QM [8x3.2GHz], 11,8GiB, 1366x768 GeForce GT 630M (Optimus tech), lots of gig of storage

RetroPsx
BANNED
BANNED

Post by RetroPsx » December 27th, 2017, 3:05 am

The tutorial is well done but I encountered problems

or can I download the program that is posted at the beginning of the topic ? What's the point ?

what I do not understand is the notion 8.3 DOS you can do me how to do to master it well? I think about [MC Filename] that it only needs to be respected?

the example command I do

ECMEMENG.COM MCLAUNCH.EXE TRANSICO.bmp EXEC00002 MCLAUNCH

ECMEMENG.COM: is the command that runs the program
MCLAUNCH.EXE: is the name my psx exe
TRANSICO.bmp: is the name of my bitmap image 16X16 Color Pixel 16
EXEC00002: which is the program is the no of the backup I see that here there is the bug
MCLAUNCH: is the name that is displayed in the psx bios psx or caetla

and that's the message I'm holding back

and as you can see it he creates me this file MCLAUNCH.M00 and when I transfer it with my ps2 I hold 6 Blok with a question mark when I take my joystick is j'apuis round on this file "Normal File "SLOT1: MCLAUNCH.M00"

I also hope that you have solved the problem of your fuse

And thank you in advance

kHn
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User

Post by kHn » December 27th, 2017, 8:51 am

6 blocks = 48 KB. Your file is ~41 KB, so it's surely 5 blocks, not 6.
You forgot to get rid of the mcs header, and uLE rounded the save size to 6 blocks.
Manually remove the mcs header (which ends at the "SC" file identifier), or convert MCLAUNCH.M00 to a RAW single save with some tool... then you can copy it to your MC.

RetroPsx
BANNED
BANNED

Post by RetroPsx » December 28th, 2017, 1:05 am

Thank you very much for your answer

but i do not see you talking about the head of mcs and how can i access this ???

and for the conversion of MCLAUNCH.M00 I try to open it with memorycardRex but it does not accept the format of this file and also with Psx Game Edit ???

And thank you in advance

kHn
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User

Post by kHn » December 28th, 2017, 3:05 am

Remove the header manually then, with a hexadecimal editor. Your file should start with "SC", like in this pic :

Also, since your save name is EXEC00002, rename MCLAUNCH.M00 to E00-EXEC00002 before you copy it to the memory card.
Mixing PS1 and PS2 stuffs will give you massive headaches if you dunno how things work.
Normally, the M00 file should be uploaded as-is to the PS1, using one of kcomm's tools (MCUP or MCExplorer) and Caetla.

RetroPsx
BANNED
BANNED

Post by RetroPsx » December 28th, 2017, 8:06 am

thank you very much for your effort I managed to make the MCLAUNCH.M00 rename it E00-EXEC00002
under Zippy cloned caetla it allows me to choose to run it but the point of interogation remains itself

because I do not have caetla in English

and for the boxes I made attempts with hex edit

I do not know the target to delete ???

and when I trade with my ps2 there is 5 box but with point of interogation and voila I receive as a message under zippy:
"Header is not recognized
SLTOT2: E00-EXEC00002"

and thank you for your effort

And thank you in advance

kHn
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User

Post by kHn » December 28th, 2017, 9:33 am

Watch my screenshot. See offset 0000h. It starts with "SC".

To do the same with your file, you must select (highlight) the header from 0000h to 0035h (including 0035h), press Del (Suppr), confirm (twice I think), and save the modified file.

edit : you need to delete this :

RetroPsx
BANNED
BANNED

Post by RetroPsx » December 29th, 2017, 12:17 am

that's finally it works

I thank you very much your post is your final post resolved me the problem it is what I want to know these line has it that I made the contrary the contrary of the suppresion

now it works very well

fat to you I can enjoy the memory card manager zippy

I think that the screen at the top is an executable made by the members what I pick no?

pleased to make you know

I want to know something or have you learned all this stuff?

I'm reminding you to the bottom

kHn
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User

Post by kHn » December 29th, 2017, 1:02 am

RetroPsx wrote:I think that the screen at the top is an executable made by the members what I pick no?
Nope. Like we said, it's a sample program from SCEI.
See \psyq\psx\sample\memcard\CARD to find the source code and precompiled CPE and EXE.
RetroPsx wrote:I want to know something or have you learned all this stuff?
From readings and practice. But regarding the stuff covered by this topic (command lines, gamesave properties, the use of a hexeditor...), there's no big level of knowledge involved. It's all obvious :shrug .

Now you've successfuly converted your EXE and managed to execute it, do your own researches... I mean, it's a development board.

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » December 29th, 2017, 9:04 am

RetroPsx wrote:that's finally it works
I thank you very much your post is your final post resolved me the problem it is what I want to know these line has it that I made the contrary the contrary of the suppresion
now it works very well
fat to you I can enjoy the memory card manager zippy
I think that the screen at the top is an executable made by the members what I pick no?
pleased to make you know
I want to know something or have you learned all this stuff?
I'm reminding you to the bottom
Fix your English please 'RetroPsx / lyokopsx'.
This isn't suitable and you were originally banned because of this reason :naughty

RetroPsx
BANNED
BANNED

Post by RetroPsx » December 29th, 2017, 11:33 pm

I thank you very much for your help and your good answers

I am very sorry for my lack of English I translate everything from google so that's the problem

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » December 29th, 2017, 11:46 pm

RetroPsx wrote:I am very sorry for my lack of English I translate everything from google so that's the problem
Try to learn some English so you can build better wording structures, or try to fix your English after you've used Google Translate to help make it better. Just don't copy and paste garbage English. Try to make your words clear and simple so we can understand them.

EG:
Bad: I see help I need with memory card its formatting not good.
Good: I need some help with the memory card formatting. It's not good.

RetroPsx
BANNED
BANNED

Post by RetroPsx » December 30th, 2017, 2:06 am

I will try next time