UniROM 8.0.K - GDB Debugging, install/backup to/from memory card, homebrew from memcard, etc

Downloadable items posted by PSXDEV members are within this forum.
Mdv
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7502

Post by Mdv » July 16th, 2020, 12:43 am

in my case i diden't have the original disc, just an iso. i have a chip installed. i could not get past the hilltop mausoleum, i had to patch the iso with sbi tools in order for it to work. i played the game all the way through without a problem.
i don't know if unirom works with libcrypt games or not.

i could upload the patched iso if you wanted to try it

Ichisuke
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by Ichisuke » July 16th, 2020, 4:03 am

Mdv wrote: July 16th, 2020, 12:43 am in my case i diden't have the original disc, just an iso. i have a chip installed. i could not get past the hilltop mausoleum, i had to patch the iso with sbi tools in order for it to work. i played the game all the way through without a problem.
i don't know if unirom works with libcrypt games or not.

i could upload the patched iso if you wanted to try it
I suppose you converted the .SBI or the .LSD patch to a "patched" .SUB file and the .BIN/.CUE that you have to a .CCD so that you can burn correctly the disc image with CloneCd, in that way you'll have the "full set" of file: the .CCD, .IMG and .SUB (created from the .SBI/.LSD).

sickle
Verified
C Programming Expert
C Programming Expert
I am a: Chocolate-fueled pug fetish robot.

Post by sickle » July 16th, 2020, 6:08 am

Puppydogpals wrote: July 15th, 2020, 7:32 pm I have these two on the way (hopefully they are fully functional!) Would either of these be suitable and can any one confirm they are compatible with unirom please. A password card PS-121b and a smart cartridge.

Those look fine, you can run standalone ^^ (128k max)

Haker120
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User
I am a: Gamer
Motto: As long as you enjoy the game

Post by Haker120 » July 16th, 2020, 6:11 am

Smart cartridge needs combo L1 + L2. My green one had the same label. :)

Puppydogpals
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by Puppydogpals » July 16th, 2020, 11:38 pm

sickle wrote: July 16th, 2020, 6:08 am
Puppydogpals wrote: July 15th, 2020, 7:32 pm I have these two on the way (hopefully they are fully functional!) Would either of these be suitable and can any one confirm they are compatible with unirom please. A password card PS-121b and a smart cartridge.

Thanks my password card came this morining, booted unirom with my Breaker Pro CD (as I suck at disc swapping!) it booted I tired to flash with standalone and it froze at press play on tape (loving the C64 theme by the way, I love my C64)

Tried multiple times, reburned disc same issue, in the end I got it to flash successfuly by going into file browser and pressing X on unirom_s.rom:1 and it then flashed succesfully.

not sure if that way forces the flash or maybe it re-reads the TOC on the disc to find the the required file?

just a heads to anyone who may have this issue.

works great by the way, booted games that froze by using breaker pro (ONE and Judge Dredd for example)

Ape Escape still wont work thought, controller wont work on menu screen (but US version works fine ) guess its to do with EDC issues maybe?
Haker120 wrote: July 16th, 2020, 6:11 am Smart cartridge needs combo L1 + L2. My green one had the same label. :)
I might keep the smart cartridge as is for now (when it arrives) seeing I have the other card working.

Is there a way to use this cart as well as unirom or can I use a backup of a cheat disc while using unirom instead?

thanks for both your replies :)

Mdv
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User

Post by Mdv » July 17th, 2020, 1:25 am

Puppydogpals wrote: July 16th, 2020, 11:38 pm Ape Escape still wont work thought, controller wont work on menu screen (but US version works fine ) guess its to do with EDC issues maybe?
ape escape has libcrypt protection and needs to be patched with sbi tools

Puppydogpals
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by Puppydogpals » July 17th, 2020, 5:58 am

I have downloaded a image of xploder cheat disc.

howver when I run it comes up with,

APPLIED NOCASH UNLOCK...
OPENED FILE HANDLE: -1
RESULT: 255

ERROR DURING SysCNF CDRead(): FFFFFFFF. FF

If press X it then says

FASTLOAD LOCATING: CDROM:PSX.EXE

It will then run and work on maybe 1 out of 10 - 15 tries.

sometimes it will show this

FASTLOAD LOCATING: CDROM:PSX.EXE :::::::: 9:::

I have tried burning it again, using another source and burning with clone CD and imgburn, my drive/disc slowest burn speed is 8x

any ideas why?

Edit

Just tried with the us gameshark version same issue

mistamontiel
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User
Motto: ..!!

Post by mistamontiel » July 17th, 2020, 6:56 am

Mdv wrote: July 17th, 2020, 1:25 amape escape has libcrypt protection and needs to be patched with sbi tools
May help me with Ape Escape 1 PAL I've been dying to get to work! I forgot how I even got it going albeit very briefly.. the patch I stumbled on early into this interest (its voice acting's far better right!?) was not the usual PPF that I can use I tried command prompt and some error think because Win10 user..

Actually.. does it have screen positioning because if not I can't have it.. I am drawing a blank I forgot how I got to test PAL>NTSC 60hz I think I'd even passed protection? BUT then another problem is musics play far too quickly!

EDIT: I remember now I'd DL'd a pre-patched PAL one, then applied PAL4U. And think no for screen positioning ={

I curious too as to how apply SBI for burn but keeping with the Redump standard BIN+CUE format

Mdv
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User

Post by Mdv » July 17th, 2020, 8:59 am

mistamontiel wrote: July 17th, 2020, 6:56 am
Mdv wrote: July 17th, 2020, 1:25 amape escape has libcrypt protection and needs to be patched with sbi tools
May help me with Ape Escape 1 PAL I've been dying to get to work! I forgot how I even got it going albeit very briefly.. the patch I stumbled on early into this interest (its voice acting's far better right!?) was not the usual PPF that I can use I tried command prompt and some error think because Win10 user..

Actually.. does it have screen positioning because if not I can't have it.. I am drawing a blank I forgot how I got to test PAL>NTSC 60hz I think I'd even passed protection? BUT then another problem is musics play far too quickly!

EDIT: I remember now I'd DL'd a pre-patched PAL one, then applied PAL4U. And think no for screen positioning ={

I curious too as to how apply SBI for burn but keeping with the Redump standard BIN+CUE format
the guide on how to patch libcrypt games is here:
https://github.com/Kippykip/SBITools#cl ... ning-guide

there is a list of games that have libcrypt and what the protection does to each game.
i have the patched pal iso of ape escape and i works fine. i could upload it somewhere if anyone wants it

Puppydogpals
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by Puppydogpals » July 17th, 2020, 9:29 am

Puppydogpals wrote: July 17th, 2020, 5:58 am I have downloaded a image of xploder cheat disc.

howver when I run it comes up with,

APPLIED NOCASH UNLOCK...
OPENED FILE HANDLE: -1
RESULT: 255

ERROR DURING SysCNF CDRead(): FFFFFFFF. FF

If press X it then says

FASTLOAD LOCATING: CDROM:PSX.EXE

It will then run and work on maybe 1 out of 10 - 15 tries.

sometimes it will show this

FASTLOAD LOCATING: CDROM:PSX.EXE :::::::: 9:::

I have tried burning it again, using another source and burning with clone CD and imgburn, my drive/disc slowest burn speed is 8x

any ideas why?

Edit

Just tried with the us gameshark version same issue
been doing some testing, it boots everytime when using beaker pro, so burn is ok.

I extracted the bin and it does not have a SYSTEM.CNF file could this be the issue?

Mdv
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User

Post by Mdv » July 17th, 2020, 10:48 pm

i have an xplorer fx, someone has soldered a wire, does anyone know why it has been added? the cart works but fmv's play in slow motion and i'm unable to access save games.

https://imgur.com/a/wyNAgCh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Squaresoft74
Verified
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///

Post by Squaresoft74 » July 18th, 2020, 2:38 am

Looks like a broken solder pad/track that was fixed with a wire mod.

Mdv
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User

Post by Mdv » July 18th, 2020, 3:17 am

Squaresoft74 wrote: July 18th, 2020, 2:38 am Looks like a broken solder pad/track that was fixed with a wire mod.
it still works when the wire is removed but i still have the problems of slow motion fmv's and no memory card access.

it has rom 4.52 dated 5/11/99 i tried to flash it with the newest rom but unirom can't flash it

Squaresoft74
Verified
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///

Post by Squaresoft74 » July 18th, 2020, 3:23 am

Mdv wrote: July 18th, 2020, 3:17 am it has rom 4.52 dated 5/11/99 i tried to flash it with the newest rom but unirom can't flash it
That's because it's a dual banked FX and Unirom doesn't properly support those yet.
As posted a few pages ago, assuming you have a way to run PS exe, you can recover/update it using files i posted here.

Mdv
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User

Post by Mdv » July 18th, 2020, 5:31 am

Squaresoft74 wrote: July 18th, 2020, 3:23 am
Mdv wrote: July 18th, 2020, 3:17 am it has rom 4.52 dated 5/11/99 i tried to flash it with the newest rom but unirom can't flash it
That's because it's a dual banked FX and Unirom doesn't properly support those yet.
As posted a few pages ago, assuming you have a way to run PS exe, you can recover/update it using files i posted here.
will MKPSXISO work on x64 windows 10?

mistamontiel
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User
Motto: ..!!

Post by mistamontiel » July 18th, 2020, 6:24 am

Tried it on Xebra the Ape Escape PAL again, not playable for 60hz because does not feature screen position ={

EDIT: @ Mdv I combed thru SBI guide y'linked, when I saw Wipe3out I said oh nooo! But.. I re-visited it the Wipeout 3 Special also is a PAL exclusive. SCES-02845 , no such problem when crossing finish line

Now the-eye is down no access to my Redumps ack!!

Puppydogpals
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by Puppydogpals » July 18th, 2020, 9:07 am

I have manged to fix xploder and gameshark.

I extracted the contents of the bin
Created a system.cnf with values of 4 and 10
Renamed psx.exe to xplo.exe and shark.exe
Created a 150mb dummy file to pad out disc/burn
Used psone_iso_maker to build new bin/cue
Used imgburn to burn it.

Boots everytime now and fully working.

Not sure what step fixed it, creating the system.cnf, renaming .exe, adding dummy or rebuilding the disc or a combination of these.

Either way issue solved!!

Puppydogpals
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by Puppydogpals » July 18th, 2020, 10:40 pm

sickle wrote: July 16th, 2020, 6:08 am

Can't seem to flash this, if I press x it just fails, if I press L1 and L2 when I press x it says erasing the chip, says it erased then fails flash, but its not erased and its untouched.

Tried both from disc and clone cart options

Haker120
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User
I am a: Gamer
Motto: As long as you enjoy the game

Post by Haker120 » July 19th, 2020, 5:33 am

Try to hold L1 + L2 before X and hold until it'll show generic 128k cartridge.

Mdv
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User

Post by Mdv » July 19th, 2020, 7:39 am

Squaresoft74 wrote: July 18th, 2020, 3:23 am
can this be done with the patched xlink? i have the parallel cable and x86 windows 7