UniROM 8.0.K - GDB Debugging, install/backup to/from memory card, homebrew from memcard, etc

Downloadable items posted by PSXDEV members are within this forum.
masternoxx
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by masternoxx » March 19th, 2018, 3:43 pm

Yes you are correct, I changed to v6 and now NFS2 is working great. =) :clap
After I read that he fixed SOTN changed to v6

fastboot issues:
RE:dirCut = doors crash to black screen
RE"dirCut du4lshock = doors open slowly disappear then reappear

Any source code for uniRom???

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » March 19th, 2018, 11:41 pm

No, Sicklebrick never released the source. Would be good to have it up on Git so we can all work on it together to improve it.
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

masternoxx
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by masternoxx » March 20th, 2018, 5:50 am

UniRom IPL

a.nz/#!eRxljSDa!dTckfUHFmGNhRfUOZ_AbQbPFr5mkP4cUH7VqEOL2Edw

If my name were JOHN this might be my pw
Last edited by masternoxx on March 21st, 2018, 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

kHn
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User

Post by kHn » March 20th, 2018, 8:22 am

Off-topic,
masternoxx wrote: March 20th, 2018, 5:50 amUniRom IPL
Just FYI, as for the readme, the dev of IPL was Herben. There's a credits option ;) .
Yeah, BreakerPro is a blatant ripoff of ImportPlayer Light v2.1, on a bootable pressed disc, and with loads of code NOPed to hide the autor's name and homepage address.
Small typo in the UniROM author name;
The disc image lacks a valid bootsector with a proper license+logo.

IPL's a good choice of a plugin :) . A buddy of mine tried booting PS-X-Change V2 before problematic games. While it worked for most games, it had horrible side-effects on some (Destruction Derby Raw ?). We've found later that PS-X-Change (supposedly anti-antimod crapolla) was corrupting the RAM lol.

masternoxx
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by masternoxx » March 20th, 2018, 9:47 am

Currently playing legend of dr4goon (anti-mod game), no problems, re:dc problems also fixed... maybe some side effects, have not found any yet

Much thanks to Herben =) , did not know that

I can see it corrupting the RAM as there is so little of it LOL, plus it might corrupt your saves...
However when used as a disc I have found breaker pro to work perfectly, but that is disc. Also, I used it mostly on ps2.
Anti-mod can be turned on or off as well. Not sure how that might work from cart as opposed to disc.
No swapping hooray

pepe
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by pepe » March 25th, 2018, 4:19 am

What about of " Experimental .BIN upload " ? any prototype for test ?

masternoxx
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by masternoxx » March 25th, 2018, 11:53 am

fastboot, Resident Evil freeze on elevator after the snake fight with chris.

masternoxx
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by masternoxx » March 27th, 2018, 8:16 am

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what is the difference between / reason for, unirom_caetla.rom, and unriom_caetlaNTSC.rom. Unirom_caetla.rom is for PAL consoles? Probably... Just wanting to make sure thanks.

Also I am confused about how to use Caetla. I make a new game entry but then it goes back to the unirom screen and does not save it. I cannot boot the plugin after that? what is meant by "caetla full boot" it seems to be the same as caetla fast boot. Does not seem to even work because I can't boot the game after putting in a code.

kHn
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User

Post by kHn » March 27th, 2018, 11:04 am

masternoxx wrote: March 27th, 2018, 8:16 amSorry if this has been asked before, but what is the difference between / reason for, unirom_caetla.rom, and unriom_caetlaNTSC.rom. Unirom_caetla.rom is for PAL consoles? Probably... Just wanting to make sure thanks.
Unirom_caetla.rom is pre-configured for PAL display.
unriom_caetlaNTSC.rom is pre-configured for NTSC display.
masternoxx wrote: March 27th, 2018, 8:16 amAlso I am confused about how to use Caetla. I make a new game entry but then it goes back to the unirom screen and does not save it. I cannot boot the plugin after that?
Symptoms of an EEPROM that is not supported by Catela.
Also happens when a partial Caetla ROM file is flashed, but it's not the case here, because the Caetla is properly set up and UniROM takes place after it.

What are your cartridge and its EEPROM model ?
masternoxx wrote: March 27th, 2018, 8:16 amwhat is meant by "caetla full boot" it seems to be the same as caetla fast boot. Does not seem to even work because I can't boot the game after putting in a code.
Full boot goes to Caetla's main menu, like with the original Caetla ROM and the cartridge switch ON;
Fast boot does Caetla's Fastest Start ("Loading" box), and seems to outerpass the switch OFF configuration of Caetla (Fastest Start/System BIOS/Standby for Comms).

It sounds like Caetla does not like your EEPROM, or your switch mapping, or both :shrug .

masternoxx
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by masternoxx » March 27th, 2018, 11:32 am

Gameshark pro 3.0
sst28sf040 (ar/gs pro) - 512 kb

I figured it out I think just had to push button on the side. Duh. Yeah theres a button not a switch so you can't tell the position.

Adding a new code, is it saved to the memory card or the gs pro cartridge? memory card I would guess?

So I can't load the plugin after caetla it seems? What exactly is the boot routine for the game? Is it unirom fastboot or some type of caetla boot? If so is caetla boot more compatible with games? Thanks

masternoxx
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by masternoxx » March 27th, 2018, 11:57 am

Actually "new game record" is still not working. It seems the only way to exit is to push X (cancel), do you want to save>yes>back to unirom start screen.

kHn
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User

Post by kHn » March 27th, 2018, 11:00 pm

That 4M SST isn't supported by Caetla, that's why it cannot save codes and config.
Freezes on "Loading" box and fast/full Caetla boot doing the same is due to the unsupported PAR3/GS3 switch mapping.
Also, the controller does bank swap.

Get a Xploder/Xplorer/X-Terminator device to have a functionnal UniROM+Caetla setup. Preferably a non-FX one.

masternoxx
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by masternoxx » March 28th, 2018, 3:56 am

Getting a gameshark pro was suggested on this thread, the guy said "there is plenty of room" for caetla and unirom. Well that maybe true, unfortunately caetla does not work.

I would like to get a Xploder but they seem pretty rare and expensive.

sent you a PM kHn. Thanks for your help =)

EDIT- so it appears in order to fast bios boot you must have unirom + caetla rom flashed. unirom standalone will not work it will just hang on loading. hang on. It seems that fast bios boot will fix most if not all problems with games

I get screen corruption on unirom after a while, the empty blue spaces turn into garbled squares, but it goes away usually.... gameshark pro heats up a bit.. LOL

kHn
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User

Post by kHn » March 28th, 2018, 10:17 am

masternoxx wrote: March 28th, 2018, 3:56 amThanks for your help =)
You are welcome.
masternoxx wrote: March 28th, 2018, 3:56 amI get screen corruption on unirom after a while, the empty blue spaces turn into garbled squares, but it goes away usually....
Yeah, I get that random screen corruption sometimes too, on the Loading hang on screen, whatever cartridge I use (Xplorer included).
Also, it's already been reported before, but sometime the built-in X-Flash pops out a few seconds after power on, for no reasons :? .

masternoxx
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by masternoxx » April 4th, 2018, 9:01 am

I am having some trouble getting Med1Evil (usa) b4ckup to boot

I am sure I booted it before on ps2 with psxlauncher I think?
And the disc boots in epsxe... but it does start with black screen

it does not like the noCash unlock it seems.

EDIT- hey, I have made a patch for MediEvil. Google medievil unirom patch :D
Last edited by masternoxx on April 5th, 2018, 4:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

Electricthunder
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by Electricthunder » April 4th, 2018, 9:57 am

When I try to burn it to a cd-r using IMG burn I get an error saying “miscompare” how do I fix this?

knifewing
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by knifewing » April 5th, 2018, 3:42 am

Just tried installing it to a Gameshark 2.1 cart.

When I boot it up, I see a welcome screen(if you bought it from eBay, blah blah blah")

I press X to continue and it goes right to the ROM selection menu(as if I had the UniROM disc inside).

Don't know why this is happening as it should be the UniROM Standalone.

Using a PlayStation 1001 unit(the one with the AV ports on the back)

https://youtu.be/A6WqzMYaHlM

masternoxx
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by masternoxx » April 5th, 2018, 4:20 am

Electricthunder wrote: April 4th, 2018, 9:57 am When I try to burn it to a cd-r using IMG burn I get an error saying “miscompare” how do I fix this?
miscompare usually means bad cd burner or reader, srry

knifewing wrote: April 5th, 2018, 3:42 am Just tried installing it to a Gameshark 2.1 cart.

When I boot it up, I see a welcome screen(if you bought it from eBay, blah blah blah")

I press X to continue and it goes right to the ROM selection menu(as if I had the UniROM disc inside).

Don't know why this is happening as it should be the UniROM Standalone.

Using a PlayStation 1001 unit(the one with the AV ports on the back)

https://youtu.be/A6WqzMYaHlM

If you see that screen it means you flashed your GS successfully (yay!)
Put a disc in and just keep pressing O if it goes to x-flash (black screen)
eventually it will work
once you learn the shortcut buttons you can push them at the first screen.
You are going to have to use fastboot if you installed unirom standalone. There is no shortcut button for that. You must use the noCash unlock (r1) before the fastboot.
Its better to install unirom caetla. What cheat cartridge do you have?
1001 unit wow, that's an antique =p

knifewing
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by knifewing » April 5th, 2018, 4:41 am

masternoxx wrote: April 5th, 2018, 4:20 am Its better to install unirom caetla. What cheat cartridge do you have?
1001 unit wow, that's an antique =p
It's in the post. I got a GameShark 2.1

Electricthunder
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by Electricthunder » April 6th, 2018, 3:13 pm

I got it working and installed but whenever I try and boot Japanese games it won’t go past the start screen. Only NTSC burned games will work?