PLY2RSD - A Stanford PLY to PlayStation RSD model converter

Downloadable items posted by PSXDEV members are within this forum.
LameGuy64
Verified
Psy-Q Enthusiast
Psy-Q Enthusiast
I am a: Hobbyist Game Developer
Motto: Commercial or not, play it!
PlayStation Model: H2000/7000

PLY2RSD - A Stanford PLY to PlayStation RSD model converter

Post by LameGuy64 » November 18th, 2014, 11:59 pm

Because DXF2RSD that came with the PsyQ SDK won't carry over vertex colors and texture coordinates from the original model and that RSDTOOL tends to be extremely cumbersome and limiting when coloring and/or texturing complex models, I decided to make this nice little tool that'll hopefully make TMD model creation a heck of a lot easier.

PLY2RSD is pretty much just like DXF2RSD but it'll also carry over all of the vertex colors and texture coordinates from the original model to the RSD output if available, eliminating the need of ever using RSDTOOL ever again.

Download it here (17KB, includes Win32 binary and source):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/x85c3 ... sd_0.75.7z

Here's an example model I converted using this tool (its a Rainbow Dash model I made using Blender):

For more details on how to create TMD models, check out this thread:
http://www.psxdev.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=658

If you encounter any issues or have useful suggestions, please let me know...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please don't forget to include my name if you share my work around. Credit where it is due.

Dev. Console: SCPH-7000 with SCPH-7501 ROM, MM3, PAL color fix, Direct AV ports, DB-9 port for Serial I/O, and a Xplorer FX with Caetla 0.35.

DTL-H2000 PC: Dell Optiplex GX110, Windows 98SE & Windows XP, Pentium III 933MHz, 384MB SDRAM, ATI Radeon 7000 VE 64MB, Soundblaster Audigy, 40GB Seagate HDD, Hitachi Lite-on CD-RW Drive, ZIP 250 and 3.5" Floppy.