Playstation 1 Exe - Windows RNC Packer x86 Version

Downloadable items posted by PSXDEV members are within this forum.
inc^lightforce
Verified
Psy-Q Enthusiast
Psy-Q Enthusiast
I am a: Programmer Windows+PS1, GFX Artist
PlayStation Model: Black

Playstation 1 Exe - Windows RNC Packer x86 Version

Post by inc^lightforce » June 12th, 2020, 6:26 am

you can download the tool from the attachment to this post.
► Show Spoiler
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by inc^lightforce on January 2nd, 2023, 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » June 12th, 2020, 4:28 pm

How does it pack the PS-EXE to gain additional room to add additional code for hooks, etc? It can't work with every game. I'm sure it causes some to crash.
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

Secundo
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by Secundo » June 12th, 2020, 4:54 pm

This tool pack the exe to reduce is size for adding cracktro for example. A code in the cracktro depack the exe after for launch the game usually. This tool work great and is usefull because exe+cracktro must have same size of original exe to be insert in the game another tool can be combined with another tool

Dedok179
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User
I am a: Programmer, Beginning reverser
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5502
Discord: Dedok179#2632

Post by Dedok179 » June 12th, 2020, 5:35 pm

Shadow wrote: June 12th, 2020, 4:28 pm How does it pack the PS-EXE to gain additional room to add additional code for hooks, etc? It can't work with every game. I'm sure it causes some to crash.
Unused kernel space is used to embed a hook.

inc^lightforce
Verified
Psy-Q Enthusiast
Psy-Q Enthusiast
I am a: Programmer Windows+PS1, GFX Artist
PlayStation Model: Black

Post by inc^lightforce » June 13th, 2020, 1:47 am

Shadow wrote: June 12th, 2020, 4:28 pm It can't work with every game. I'm sure it causes some to crash.
yes it could be happen. sometimes we had PS1 Exe Files, they were too small and packing was useless. in this case it is not possible to add music or gfx or something like this (because the final filesize MUST not exceed the original Filesize of the non packed Sles or Slus exe --> if exceeded, the whole Game does not boot and run the game).

if you have only 10kb free space after packing, you can add the values for pal and ntsc and a fontprint command, thats it.

In Alien Resurrection we had this example. the original Slus file was around 30 KB. No room for the trainer or something like a stylish cracktro.

But: Alien Resurrection contain more than 1 Exe File. I decided to add the Trainer and the cracktro in the 2nd Exe File and after packing, i had enuff space to add all needs + gfx + sfx.
The game start normally and after loading the game, the Trainer shows up with the Cracktro ;)

Dedok179
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User
I am a: Programmer, Beginning reverser
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5502
Discord: Dedok179#2632

Post by Dedok179 » June 13th, 2020, 2:26 am

Shadow wrote: June 12th, 2020, 4:28 pm How does it pack the PS-EXE to gain additional room to add additional code for hooks, etc? It can't work with every game. I'm sure it causes some to crash.
How many trainers have already done(82), nothing has crashed so far. Where necessary I use additional compression.