Various goodies for y'all :)

Downloadable items posted by PSXDEV members are within this forum.
pool7
Verified
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Various goodies for y'all :)

Post by pool7 » July 17th, 2018, 2:38 pm

Thanks to trashcan as well as an anonymous friend for the scene releases.

PSYQ.SDevTC.Developers.Toolkit.For.PSX.v4.5-MFD.zip
Runtime Library 4.5 (libraries and compilers only)

Pro-DG.For.PSX.v1.0.0.4-MFD
SN Systems official IDE for PlayStation - 1998/04

nyforms.zip
Original Net Yaroze forms as provided by Sony

[SONY].PlayStation Programer Tool.iso
DTL-S2180 Runtime Library 3.0 (can't remember where I got this, but I don't think I've seen it around much)

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/u4op8b5niheva/tmp

Enjoy! :)

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » July 17th, 2018, 4:23 pm

Pro-DG might be interesting to check out and the Net Yaroze forums are cool to have a read of, but everything else is old. Good to have them archived and saved nonetheless though! Thanks Pool :mrgreen:

Note: Pro-DG works under Windows 7 (after rebooting). It's literally just an IDE, albeit a very outdated one now :lol:
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

pool7
Verified
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by pool7 » July 17th, 2018, 9:48 pm

Yup, you know me: I like sharing old stuff, for preservation purposes ;)

Yeah, the first incarnations of ProDG (PS1 and N64) were IDEs only. Haven't used them but they're probably simpler than CodeWarrior or Visual Studio. But hey, some people prefer simple :)

LameGuy64
Verified
Psy-Q Enthusiast
Psy-Q Enthusiast
I am a: Hobbyist Game Developer
Motto: Commercial or not, play it!
PlayStation Model: H2000/7000

Post by LameGuy64 » July 18th, 2018, 12:58 pm

Haven't tried ProDG myself but nice to have it around. Dev-Cpp, Codeblocks and even Netbeans can be used as IDEs for PlayStation homebrew development as the SDK can be integrated into those IDEs pretty well.

The Programmer's Tool CD you provided appears to be an update disc for an older SDK version with Runtime Library 2.6. It is pretty much the oldest version of the SDK we can find.

There isn't much to be found in the SDevTC Developers Toolkit but it comes with GNUMAKE (and is a 32-bit windows executable so you can use it in 64-bit Windows) along with complete documentation of the GNU compiler though it does not appear to document PlayStation specific options such as -Xo and -Xm.

What I would really like to see is the archive containing the source code of the GCC based SDevTC toolchain so I can in theory compile PlayStation projects in Linux natively. That archive has been mentioned in change logs but its omitted in most distributions I've found.
Please don't forget to include my name if you share my work around. Credit where it is due.

Dev. Console: SCPH-7000 with SCPH-7501 ROM, MM3, PAL color fix, Direct AV ports, DB-9 port for Serial I/O, and a Xplorer FX with Caetla 0.35.

DTL-H2000 PC: Dell Optiplex GX110, Windows 98SE & Windows XP, Pentium III 933MHz, 384MB SDRAM, ATI Radeon 7000 VE 64MB, Soundblaster Audigy, 40GB Seagate HDD, Hitachi Lite-on CD-RW Drive, ZIP 250 and 3.5" Floppy.

pool7
Verified
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by pool7 » July 18th, 2018, 9:36 pm

LameGuy64 wrote: July 18th, 2018, 12:58 pm What I would really like to see is the archive containing the source code of the GCC based SDevTC toolchain so I can in theory compile PlayStation projects in Linux natively. That archive has been mentioned in change logs but its omitted in most distributions I've found.
Well, the Runtime Library 4.4 and 4.6 CDs do seem to have GCC source under:
PSSN\GNUSRC
Unless you're referring to something else and I misunderstood.

LameGuy64
Verified
Psy-Q Enthusiast
Psy-Q Enthusiast

Post by LameGuy64 » July 18th, 2018, 10:01 pm

I'm referring to the source code to the compilers itself which were based on GCC 2.7.2 or so.

Do you have those runtime library CDs already uploaded somewhere?
Please don't forget to include my name if you share my work around. Credit where it is due.

Dev. Console: SCPH-7000 with SCPH-7501 ROM, MM3, PAL color fix, Direct AV ports, DB-9 port for Serial I/O, and a Xplorer FX with Caetla 0.35.

DTL-H2000 PC: Dell Optiplex GX110, Windows 98SE & Windows XP, Pentium III 933MHz, 384MB SDRAM, ATI Radeon 7000 VE 64MB, Soundblaster Audigy, 40GB Seagate HDD, Hitachi Lite-on CD-RW Drive, ZIP 250 and 3.5" Floppy.

pool7
Verified
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by pool7 » July 18th, 2018, 11:23 pm

http://www.psxdev.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1531
That post links to JP versions of 4.4 and 4.6 (among other older versions).
The EN 4.4 leaked a long time ago also has the pssn\gnusrc folder with what seems to be GCC source.

PS: I'm not at home, otherwise I'd gladly upload just those folders for you to check.

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » July 19th, 2018, 12:49 am

Here is the GNUSRC from a PSSN directory I found on my HDD.
This directory contains the version 2.8.1 release of the GNU C
compiler. It includes all of the support for compiling C++ and
Objective C, including a run-time library for Objective C.

The GNU C compiler is free software. See the file COPYING for copying
permission.

See the file gcc.texi (together with other files that it includes) for
installation and porting information. The file INSTALL contains a
copy of the installation information, as plain ASCII.

Installing this package will create various files in subdirectories of
/usr/local/lib, which are passes used by the compiler and a library
named libgcc.a. It will also create /usr/local/bin/gcc, which is
the user-level command to do a compilation.

See the Bugs chapter of the GCC Manual for how to report bugs
usefully. An online readable version of the manual is in the files
gcc.info*.

The files pself.c and pself1.c are not part of GCC.
They are programs that print themselves on standard output.
They were written by Dario Dariol and Giovanni Cozzi, and are
included for your hacking pleasure. Likewise pself2.c
(Who is the author of that?) and pself3.c (by Vlad Taeerov and Rashit
Fakhreyev).
GCC281S.ZIP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

gwald
Verified
Net Yaroze Enthusiast
Net Yaroze Enthusiast
I am a: programmer/DBA
PlayStation Model: Net Yaroze

Post by gwald » July 19th, 2018, 12:04 pm

Anyone actually used early V3?

It's not 2.X it's the update to V3 (no English translations on libs docs), I'm keen to see anything from 2.X

Interesting to see it.. I can't believe in 1995 they still only had libGS?? is that correct?
I'm still trying to figure out when Sony gave up on it :shrug
I'm still reading through scea_bbs.pdf, I'm guessing by mid or late 1995 they got the hardware macros?

PQALOAD COM Utility to load a COFF file to target RAM
The GCC docs also mention COFF.

Was COFF format optional or mandatory (like Net Yaroze)?

It's not "homebrew" just because you make it at home.
If you're using official tools, the binary is not "home made", its no different to a "pro dev" binary.
ie PSXSDK is "homebrew" :mrgreen:
That's the traditional meaning of the word anyway.

Better wording would be: unlicensed, unofficial, retro etc. :ugeek:

LameGuy64
Verified
Psy-Q Enthusiast
Psy-Q Enthusiast

Post by LameGuy64 » July 19th, 2018, 12:52 pm

Just tried to compile the source but it appears that it doesn't play well with the current gcc toolchain so either an old version of the GCC toolchain should be used or a lot of work needs to be done to get it to compile.

Still nice to have it around at least.