[DOWNLOAD] BMP2TIM

Downloadable items hosted by PSXDEV admins are within this forum.
Forum rules
Do not post any new topics here. You can reply in the existing topics, but do not create new ones. If you do they will be moved or deleted.
Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

[DOWNLOAD] BMP2TIM

Post by Shadow » September 25th, 2015, 4:00 pm

WHAT IS IT?
This is a replacement to Sony's original "BMP2TIM" found in the Psy-Q SDK. This version is much better than Sony's original compilation from 1995 as it allows you to easily create 4-bit, 8-bit, 16-bit or 24-bit images all from a command prompt. Overall, it converts a bitmap to a TIM image.

NOTES:
If anyone finds or suspects a bug in the program, please let me know and I will get it sorted.
Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 was used to create this application, so it should work fine under any Windows system, including as far back as good old Windows 95 (which is what I was going for).

If anyone would like a custom version, that, for example, clears the screen before the program runs or displays the bare minimum output required (prevent command prompt flooding), just let me know.

KNOWN BUGS:
Version 1.0 -> None.

IMAGE:

DOWNLOAD:
BMP2TIM.exe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

Orion_
Verified
Legendary Programmer
Legendary Programmer
I am a: Programmer
PlayStation Model: Net Yaroze

Post by Orion_ » September 25th, 2015, 6:59 pm

Thanks for this very nice tool, it's useful for auto conversion batch script !
PNG support would be even greater !
It's really easy to add using LodePNG, just one C file to add, no library needed, http://lodev.org/lodepng/
Retro game development on Playstation and other consoles http://orionsoft.free.fr/