[DOWNLOAD] PSXLICENSE (V1.0)

Downloadable items hosted by PSXDEV admins are within this forum.
Forum rules
Do not post any new topics here. You can reply in the existing topics, but do not create new ones. If you do they will be moved or deleted.
Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

[DOWNLOAD] PSXLICENSE (V1.0)

Post by Shadow » March 11th, 2015, 11:55 am

I've been sitting on this project for a while, and I've finally finished it.
It's a console based application that is similar to the layout of SN System's BUILDCD program.
Since it is a console executable, it will fit in nicely with anyones development/compilation routine batch files.

WHAT IS IT?
This is a replacement to the older predecessors such as HITLICE, BOOTEDIT, DISCPATCHER and GRIDFIX.
It does not circumvent the security on discs. There are only 3 methods to bypass the copy protection on a PlayStation.
1) Press your own CD-ROM's (expensive).
2) Modchips (duh...).
3) Replace the HC05 (difficult).

WHAT DOES IT DO?
PSXLICENSE will license PSX images as a 'Sony standard' license. That means it will license them either as European, Japanese or American regions correctly using the official Psy-Q files, LICENSEE.DAT, LICENSEJ.DAT or LICENSEA.DAT. It will leave the string information Sony standard. If you want to edit the strings, please use Losers classic BOOTEDIT program (available for download here).

SO WHY DO I NEED IT?
If the licensing data is incorrect, this tool will patch over it and replace it.
If your homebrew image is unlicensed, this tool will inject the desired license.
All-in-all, it is a must have tool for homebrew development.

NOTES:
If anyone finds or suspects a bug in the program, please let me know and I will get it sorted.
Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 was used to create this application, so it should work fine under any Windows system, including as far back as good old Windows 95 (which is what I was going for).

If anyone would like a custom version, that, for example, clears the screen before the program runs or displays the bare minimum output required (prevent command prompt flooding), just let me know.

A special thanks goes out to LameGuy64 and Trimesh for additional logic support.

KNOWN BUGS:
Version 1.0 -> None.

IMAGE:

[DOWNLOAD V1.0]
PSXLICENSE.exe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.