[DOWNLOAD] 3D Studio R4 for MS-DOS

Downloadable items hosted by PSXDEV admins are within this forum.
Forum rules
Do not post any new topics here. You can reply in the existing topics, but do not create new ones. If you do they will be moved or deleted.
Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

[DOWNLOAD] 3D Studio R4 for MS-DOS

Post by Shadow » July 31st, 2014, 10:31 pm

3D Studio R4 for MS-DOS
Semi-ready to go. No serial required.
If you receive the error "VIB-FLIC= 63 640 480 256 209926 ;vesa compatibles 640x480", you need to delete the '3DS.SET' file and restart 3DS.EXE. You also need to copy 3DS.MLI to the root of your hard disk (C:\) from the "MATLIBS" folder. I'm not sure where to find the file "3DS.KEY" since it is most likely the license file, but it seems to be running okay without it.

When running this under Windows 98, use "CFIG386 3DS.EXE -realbreak 0" to force the EXE out of "MS-DOS only mode". This will then give you PS/2 mouse support as it is running under the Windows interface. I do find that the program freezes for a minute or two at random intervals whilst under Windows 98. I'm not sure if this is because the license is missing, the program has been cracked or that something else is corrupted.

Take notice that before launching 3DS.EXE, you should setup the video mode by typing "3DS.EXE VIBCFG".

I have tested it under DOSBox and it runs great. I actually didn't know that Dan Silva worked on 3DS :!:
Here is my DOSBox configuration for the graphic based settings. You need to use fullscreen mode or else the mouse will have speed issues outgoing the boundary of the window.

Code: Select all

fullscreen=false
fulldouble=false
fullresolution=1920x1080
windowresolution=1480x1424
output=overlay
autolock=false
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true
priority=higher,normal
mapperfile=mapper-0.74.map
usescancodes=true

language=
machine=svga_s3
captures=capture
memsize=16

frameskip=0
aspect=true
scaler=normal2x
QUICK HINTS:
- Press the star key to open the options menu.
- The lower the number for the mouse speed, the faster the mouse will move.
- Press the Q key or F10 to exit.

There is a particular version floating around the Internet that works, but the mouse does not.
This version has a working mouse. The plugins for this version can be found in the Psy-Q SDK.

[DOWNLOAD] 3D Studio R4.ZIP

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.