Any guide to load a 3d model or to know how did it works?

Miscellaneous Net Yaroze development related material
Rubiyooo
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User
I am a: 3d Modeler, Artist

Any guide to load a 3d model or to know how did it works?

Post by Rubiyooo » July 5th, 2016, 1:41 am

Hello everyone. I´m noob in here. I´m a 3d modeler that use 3ds Max and i like to make low-polys models.

I´m making a game with graphics of 32 bits but now i would like to try to include any model in a PSX system.
It´s rare to find information about how the models of PSX worked. For that i´m here to find more information.

Regards and thanks in advance from Spain :)

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » July 5th, 2016, 2:28 am

Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

Rubiyooo
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User
I am a: 3d Modeler, Artist

Post by Rubiyooo » July 7th, 2016, 9:21 pm

Thanks!! :o

It is my dream to modeling something and see in a PSX and thanks in advance for the info. :praise
I will read all about LameGuy64 and i will help to make guides and write more information about future hombrewers that is coming ;D

Regards a noob that he is actually making a fail makefile XD

gwald
Verified
Net Yaroze Enthusiast
Net Yaroze Enthusiast
I am a: programmer/DBA
PlayStation Model: Net Yaroze

Post by gwald » July 8th, 2016, 9:56 am

Rubiyooo wrote:Thanks!! :o

It is my dream to modeling something and see in a PSX and thanks in advance for the info. :praise
I will read all about LameGuy64 and i will help to make guides and write more information about future hombrewers that is coming ;D

Regards a noob that he is actually making a fail makefile XD
My tips for making TMD's:
Use as few tri's or quads as possible (PSX supports quads at hardware).
Use a good primitive(verts, tris, quads) 3d modeler... I use fragmo, it's okay and well suited to low poly

Maybe being paranoid, but I keep the verts on intergers (whole numbers, without decimals)
I export to DXF (txt) and check and change verts, then reimport back in.
I'm not sure how the TMD's are created but the TMD format uses u_long's for verts, the PSX has no FPU.

PSX is right handed, you can model Y+Up, instead of the PSX Y+ Down, you just rotate the PSX camera's X 180's degrees.

That's how I do it anyway.

Saludos

edit: please upload a copy of the NY contracts :praise :praise :praise
I know you have them :lol: