Tonyhax International: Backup Loader For All Japanese, USA, and PAL PS1 Consoles/Early PS2 Consoles + GameShark Flasher

General homebrew games, programs and PlayStation PS-EXE's
alexfree
Verified
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User
I am a: Programmer, Gamer
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1000

Post by alexfree » June 4th, 2023, 4:43 am

Version 1.3.2 (6/3/2023)
https://github.com/alex-free/tonyhax/re ... v1.3.2.zip
Changes:

Added APv2 bypasses for Breath of Fire IV Japan, Breath of Fire IV E3 2000/USA Beta, Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000 Pro Japan, Glint Glitters, Hyper Value 2800: Hanafuda, Tokimeki Memorial 2 Emotional Voice System Append Discs 1-3, Tokimeki Memorial 2 rev 0, Tokimeki Memorial 2 rev 1, and Tokimeki Memorial 2 limited edition box version.

alexfree
Verified
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User

Post by alexfree » June 15th, 2023, 11:30 am

Version 1.3.3 (6/5/2023)
tonyhax-international-v1.3.3
Changes:

Added a APv2 bypass for Boku no Natsuyasumi: Summer Holiday 20th Century Japan to close this issue. Enjoy, Bloom-Haven!!!
Added a ton of real hardware screen captures to the docs and improved documentation itself immensely with more in-depth steps.
?
Version 1.3.4 (6/14/2023)
tonyhax-international-v1.3.4 https://github.com/alex-free/tonyhax/re ... v1.3.4.zip
Changes:

Added a special xStation ROM version due to request by L10N37. This is actually super cool.
Added more in-depth info to the CD-R Media For PSX Backups section thanks to XxTriviumxX.
Added even more real hardware screen captures to the docs and improved documentation itself immensely with more in-depth steps (specifically related to the FreePSXBoot exploit but also touched a few other pages).
Updated MKPSXISO to the latest version.
Build system/source cleanup/comment improvements.

https://github.com/alex-free/tonyhax
https://alex-free.github.io/tonyhax-international/

alexfree
Verified
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User

Post by alexfree » June 16th, 2023, 2:20 pm

The oldest Tonyhax issue, solved? https://github.com/socram8888/tonyhax/issues/24

alexfree
Verified
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User

Post by alexfree » June 17th, 2023, 2:09 am

Version 1.3.5 (6/16/2023)
tonyhax-international-v1.3.5 https://github.com/alex-free/tonyhax/re ... v1.3.5.zip

Fixed a serious regression introduced in v1.3.4 that caused almost all boot methods to hang at checking game region step.

Added more info the the CD-R Media For PSX Backups section.

alexfree
Verified
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User

Post by alexfree » July 26th, 2023, 6:06 pm

Version 1.3.6 (7/26/2023) https://github.com/alex-free/tonyhax/re ... v1.3.6.zip

Changes:

Added APv2 bypass support for Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix, Dance Dance Revolution 4th Mix, and Dance Dance Revolution 5th Mix.

Added TOCPerfect changes for PS1 DemoSwap Patcher v1.0.9.

Added support for building on APT based Linux distributions (I just switched to PopOS).

Added info on dealing with EDC Protected games to the anti-piracy page.

Added info about non-stock mod-chips to the anti-piracy page,

alexfree
Verified
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User

Post by alexfree » August 1st, 2023, 4:39 pm

Version 1.3.7 (8/1/2023)

https://github.com/alex-free/tonyhax/re ... v1.3.7.zip

Changes:

You can now use GameShark Codes with the prefixes: E2, E3, D2, and D3 using the GameShark code feature.
THIGSGEN updated to v2.0.2.

Stealth GameShark cheat engine updated to v1.0.4, which has been optimized for maximum performance over size.

Size optimizations to Tonyhax International loader.

Rewritten GameShark code type parsing functions in Tonyhax International loader.
Updated anti-piracy bypass documentation.

alexfree
Verified
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User

Post by alexfree » September 2nd, 2023, 6:32 pm

Version 1.3.8 (9/2/2023) https://github.com/alex-free/tonyhax/re ... v1.3.8.zip

Changes:

Improved memory card reading and handling for the user supplied GameShark Codes feature. Fixes the rare Can not read MC issue, and also allows you to read the memory card any number of times. You can even change your mind without restarting Tonyhax International, and put in a different memory card and then read that instead of whatever previous one was already read.

Added support for playing the english translation of Planet Laika with one huge crevet, you can not currently apply your own GameShark Codes via the memory card method or it will break this game (black screen after hitting the New Game option in the title screen). This should be addressed possible in a future update. This fixes issue 39.

Improved TOCPerfect build with even more size optimizations. The new TOCPerfect Patcher is also linked and explained everywhere in the docs.

The ‘CD-R Media For PSX Backups’ section has been expanded into it’s own webpage on my website. Please read it!.

alexfree
Verified
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User

Post by alexfree » September 3rd, 2023, 4:34 am

Version 1.3.9 (9/2/2023)

tonyhax-international-v1.3.9 https://github.com/alex-free/tonyhax/re ... v1.3.9.zip

Changes:

Fixed a GameShark parsing bug introduced in v1.3.8 that broke the feature.
Added more info to the GameShark Code page.

alexfree
Verified
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User

Post by alexfree » September 8th, 2023, 8:06 am

Version 1.4.0 (9/7/2023)

tonyhax-international-v1.4.0 https://github.com/alex-free/tonyhax/re ... v1.4.0.zip

Changes:

Slight speed optimization for SCPH-1000 and early SCPH-3000 consoles.
Improved Memory card handling for the user supplied GameShark code support. When no TONYHAXINTGS file is present on the memory card in slot 1 the read error text no longer spams multiple times.
Slight speed optimization when the GameShark cheat engine is installed (only zero out RAM that supports up to the hard 255 code limit).

alexfree
Verified
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User

Post by alexfree » September 16th, 2023, 4:49 am

Tonyhax International v1.4.1 (9/15/2023)

Changes:

Implemented a small wait period between open() and read() for memory card reading as per PSX specs to prevent any other possible rare fail to read memory card issues involving the user supplied GameShark codes feature.

Removed a redundant exitcritcalsection() call after the final setconf (thanks Socram8888)!

Added an APv2 bypass for MLB 2005.

Cleaned up source code to be more similar to original Tonyhax.

Updated MKPSXISO to latest commit.

alexfree
Verified
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User

Post by alexfree » October 3rd, 2023, 9:17 am

tonyhax international v1.4.2

Changes:

Upgraded all APv2 bypasses to support non-stealth mod-chips! International now supports playing every known protected game which triggers protection on both non-stealth mod-chip consoles and stock consoles (APv2). Stock consoles without non-stealth mod-chips can play all known protected games using International.

Protected games that only trigger on non-stealth mod-chip consoles and not on stock consoles (APv1) are now supported, but only a few have bypasses added so far as of v1.4.2.

International is now the first soft-mod to support playing i-mode mo Issho: Doko Demo Issho Tsuika Disc and Koneko mo Issho on PAL consoles (there is a special additional protection that causes these games to lockup when detecting a PAL BIOS, but this is now bypassed by International).

International now supports playing King's Field Japan (before even the original Tonyhax has added support). Any other early Japanese launch titles that didn't work previously should now also work fine (PSX.EXE, no SYSTEM.CNF titles). The english translation patch for the game also works (make sure you get the save/load screen fix for real hardware).

Added APv2 bypasses for Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2000: Kaimakuban, Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2000: Ketteiban, Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2001: Ketteiban, Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2001, Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2002: Haru, Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu: Premium-ban, Resident Evil 3 USA Demo.

Added APv1 bypasses for Vandal Hearts II Japan, Dance Dance Revolution Japan, Ape Escape Japan Rev 0, Ape Escape Japan Rev 1, Ape Escape Japan Demo, Bishi Bashi Special 2, Bishi Bashi Special 2 Japan, Jikkyou Kyousouba Ikusei Simulation Game: Breeding Stud '99 Japan, Bust A Move 2: Dance Tengoku Mix, Minna no Golf 2 Japan Rev 0, Minna no Golf 2 Japan Rev 1, Final Fantasy VIII Japan, Doko Demo Issho Japan Rev 0, Doko Demo Issho Japan Rev 1, Doko Demo Issho Calpis Water Version, Doko Demo Issho Japan Demo 1, (NOTE: I Can not find a Doko Demo Issho Japan Demo 2 CD image (PAPX 90086) http://redump.org/disc/83081/ to add support for that yet, someone please send me that ;)).

Changed my SetMemSize(8) call to be more similar to original Tonyhax (which has now added SetMemSize!).

alexfree
Verified
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User

Post by alexfree » October 22nd, 2023, 1:27 am

Version 1.4.3 (10/21/2023)

https://github.com/alex-free/tonyhax/re ... v1.4.3.zip

Changes:

Added APv1 bypasses (allowing play of said game on non-stealth mod-chip consoles when booted with Tonyhax International) for Dancing Blade Katte ni Momotenshi II: Tears of Eden Japan, Global Force: Shin Sentou Kokka Japan Rev 0, Global Force: Shin Sentou Kokka Japan Rev 1, Global Force: Shin Sentou Kokka Japan Demo, I.Q Final Japan Demo 1, I.Q Final Japan Demo 2, Shiritsu Justice Gakuen: Nekketsu Seishun Nikki 2, Konami 80's Arcade Gallery, Lord Of Monsters Japan, Lord Of Monsters Japan Demo, Magical Tetris Challenge featuring Mickey Japan, Metal Gear Solid: Integral Japan, Panekit: Infinitive Crafting Toy Case Japan Rev 0, Pocket MuuMuu Japan, Planet Laika Japan, PoPoRoGue Japan Rev 0, PoPoRoGue Japan Rev 1, Silent Hill Japan Rev 0, Silent Hill Japan Rev 1, Spyro The Dragon Japan, Spyro The Dragon Shokai Genteiban, Tokimeki Memorial Drama Series Vol. 3: Tabidachi no Uta, and Um Jammer Lammy Japan.

Beatmania featuring Dreams Come True now works on non-stealth mod-chip consoles as well as unmodified ones.

Added an APv2 bypass (allows playing on non-stealth mod-chip consoles and unmodified ones) for Hyper Value 2800: Hyper Pachinko.

Faster anti-piracy system activation and parsing for protected titles.

PoPoRoGue Japan Rev 0 now always works on unmodified SCPH-1000 and early SCPH-3000 consoles. There is a bug in PoPoRoGue Japan Rev 0 that sometimes even occurs with a real game disc on unmodified hardware due to the supper buggy anti-piracy checks) thanks to the newly introduced anti-piracy bypass for this game.

alexfree
Verified
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User

Post by alexfree » November 16th, 2023, 11:58 am

tonyhax international v1.4.4
Changes:

Implemented PS1 Packer decompression technique (massive thanks to nicholas noble for helping to get this to work)! The Tonyhax International now starts much faster and take up significantly less space. The memory card HAX and FF9 loader files now only takes up 2 slots instead of 4!

alexfree
Verified
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User

Post by alexfree » November 26th, 2023, 2:20 am

tonyhax-international-v1.4.5

Changes:

Changed toolchain from mips-linux-gnu to mipsel-none-elf. Redone build system. Upgraded to GCC v12.2.0/Binutils v2.40. Better code size/speed optimizations.
Made CD_REGS address more correct by using the correct memory region (thanks Nicholas Noble!).
There is a bug found in the PS1 mode of the early PS2s models supported by Tonyhax International which causes a number of PS1 games burned to a 80 minute CD-R to not boot. The affected games only boot when burned to 74 minute or 71 minute CD-Rs. This limitation applies to mod-chipped consoles as well using the normal boot process fails to start the game. The PS1 doesn't have this issue and was never effected.
Tonyhax International now can work around this PS2 specific limitation and boot any game burned to 80 minute media just as well as the PS1. Some of the confirmed problematic games that now work as of this update are listed below as examples:

Kurushi / I.Q: Intelligent Qube
MediEvil
Resident Evil Director’s Cut
Resident Evil 2 / BioHazard 2
MegaMan X4 / RockMan X4
Any games that previously would not boot on PS2s (but did on PS1s) because of this issue now also work. If you have a chipped PS2, you can use the Boot CD to then successfully launch a problematic PS1 game burned to an 80 minute CD-R.