General homebrew games, programs and PlayStation PS-EXE's
alexfree
Verified
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User
I am a: Programmer, Gamer
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1000

Post by alexfree » August 16th, 2022, 2:05 pm

Squaresoft74 wrote: August 16th, 2022, 1:08 pm Thanks for the update.
Works just fine with my PAL consoles and the games previously mentionned ! :clap
Would you be ok with your rom being added to Unirom's disc ?
Would you be interested in adding the Tonyhax International ROM as well?

Also this is the anti anti-piracy compatibility list for both Tonyhax International and the MottZilla Stealth ROM:
SCPH-1000/SCPH-3000 PASS
SCPH-3500 to SCPH-100 FAIL
All American units PASS
All PAL units PASS

Squaresoft74
Verified
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7502

Post by Squaresoft74 » August 16th, 2022, 2:34 pm

alexfree wrote: August 16th, 2022, 2:05 pm Would you be interested in adding the Tonyhax International ROM as well?
Was suggesting the idea to Sickle a few days ago but wasn't sure where to reach you for that (forum itself or via discord).
So if that's ok with you , i'll update the romset with Tonyhax International aswell and will forward it to Sickle. :)
alexfree wrote: August 16th, 2022, 2:05 pm Also this is the anti anti-piracy compatibility list for both Tonyhax International and the MottZilla Stealth ROM:
All PAL units PASS
As of 1.0.7 rom version, the Software Terminated screen still triggers for me with:
Biohazard 3 - Last Escape (Japan) [Internal Serial: SLPS-02300]
Dino Crisis (Japan) [Internal Serial: SLPS-02180]
Seiken Densetsu - Legend of Mana (Japan, Asia) [Internal Serial: SLPS-02170]

alexfree
Verified
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User

Post by alexfree » August 16th, 2022, 4:45 pm

Squaresoft74 wrote: August 16th, 2022, 2:34 pm
alexfree wrote: August 16th, 2022, 2:05 pm Would you be interested in adding the Tonyhax International ROM as well?
Was suggesting the idea to Sickle a few days ago but wasn't sure where to reach you for that (forum itself or via discord).
So if that's ok with you , i'll update the romset with Tonyhax International aswell and will forward it to Sickle. :)
alexfree wrote: August 16th, 2022, 2:05 pm Also this is the anti anti-piracy compatibility list for both Tonyhax International and the MottZilla Stealth ROM:
All PAL units PASS
As of 1.0.7 rom version, the Software Terminated screen still triggers for me with:
Biohazard 3 - Last Escape (Japan) [Internal Serial: SLPS-02300]
Dino Crisis (Japan) [Internal Serial: SLPS-02180]
Seiken Densetsu - Legend of Mana (Japan, Asia) [Internal Serial: SLPS-02170]
I just noticed this. I think I know why it is not working in International but I need to test a new build. Thank you for letting me know about this regression.
I can confirm however that stealth ROM is working as intended, and International is working as intended anti anti-piracy wise on VC0s just not anything else.

Edit: OK I fixed the issue anti anti-piracy is once again working in International. I will push v1.0.8 later today to fix the issue so it will be ready for uniROM.
Last edited by alexfree on August 16th, 2022, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MottZilla
Verified
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User

Post by MottZilla » August 16th, 2022, 5:03 pm

Works just fine with my PAL consoles and the games previously mentionned ! :clap
That would be ok with me.

Are the protected games triggering the Software Terminated screen with the latest Stealth Unlocker or TonyHax? And is this on your PAL systems?

Those games should work on the latest Stealth Unlocker. If they are failing please let me know.

I mentioned before that NTSC/J consoles other than those with vC0 CD-ROM controllers can't play the anti-mod protected games yet, but I do have some ideas for how to get them working.

alexfree
Verified
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User

Post by alexfree » August 16th, 2022, 5:07 pm

MottZilla wrote: August 16th, 2022, 5:03 pm
That would be ok with me.

Are the protected games triggering the Software Terminated screen with the latest Stealth Unlocker or TonyHax? And is this on your PAL systems?

Those games should work on the latest Stealth Unlocker. If they are failing please let me know.
Stealth Unlocker is working. Tonyhax International has some regression that actually makes anti anti-piracy not work. For some reason there is an issue with either the changes I did to patcher.c (most likely) or how I reinitialize the kernel throughout the newer International fork at various parts. I moved the patching to the last part after reading SYSTEM.CNF and reverted patcher.c to the one in the original Tonyhax and it is working once again on my 1001 so it looks like that was my fault breaking it.

Squaresoft74
Verified
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///

Post by Squaresoft74 » August 17th, 2022, 2:03 am

Yes Stealth Unlocker is working just fine with my PAL consoles.
Was pointing to alexfree that Tonyhax International 1.07 fails for the anti modchip patch.
Sorry for the confusion and going off topic. :oops:

Thanks both for your work and permission to add your roms to Unirom's romset collection. :)

MottZilla
Verified
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User

Post by MottZilla » August 17th, 2022, 4:44 pm

Squaresoft74 wrote: August 17th, 2022, 2:03 am Yes Stealth Unlocker is working just fine with my PAL consoles.
Glad to hear that. I am working on seeing if I can do atleast something for Japanese consoles to play some anti-mod games. We will see how that goes. Currently I have solutions for Spyro 3 Year of the Dragon and Dino Crisis (J) that will be tested on a Japanese vC1+ system. Dino Crisis I'm pretty confident will work just fine, Spyro I'm hoping doesn't trigger its anti-crack protection scheme.

MottZilla
Verified
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User

Post by MottZilla » August 19th, 2022, 12:57 pm

Testing went well with Spyro Year of the Dragon. In the next version of Stealth Unlocker the Japanese vC1+ cd controller systems will be able to run it. There are currently 4 other protected games I have patches for. Just to be clear these patches to play protected games are just for the Japanese/Asian vC1+ systems. vC0 Japanese, American, and European systems can already play the protected games with the more general purpose anti-mod patch.

MottZilla
Verified
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User

Post by MottZilla » September 22nd, 2022, 10:36 am

I have attached version 220921 to the first post. This new version has many game specific protection patches for Japanese and Asian consoles that boot via swapping. Here is a list of the protected games supported via patches:

Protected Games with Patches:
* Cool Boarders 2001 (Usa)
* Crash Bash (Usa)
* Dino Crisis (Usa)
* Disney's The Emperor's New Groove (Usa)
* Grind Session (Usa)
* Legend of Dragoon (Usa)
* MediEvil II (Usa)
* MLB 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 (Usa)
* Resident Evil: Survivor (Usa)
* Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Usa) (Rev0 & Rev1)
* Strider 2 (Usa)
* Tomba! 2 - The Evil Swine Return (Usa)
* Vandal Hearts II (Usa)
* Wild Arms 2 (Usa)
* Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories (Usa)

* Biohazard 3 (Japan)
* Dino Crisis (Japan)
* Koneko mo Issho (Japan)
* Pocket Muu Muu (Japan)
* Robbit mon Dieu (Japan)
* Rockman 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (Japan)
* Rockman X5 (Japan)
* Rockman X6 (Japan)
* Seiken Densetsu - Legend of Mana (Japan)

In the future I'd like to add more Japanese protected games as well as protected PAL games. And I'd still like to implement a way to quickly upload PS-EXE via serial cable for added utility.

masterg0r0
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User
I am a: Modder and Hobbyist Developer
Motto: Everything is hackable 100%!
PlayStation Model: 1002+7502

Post by masterg0r0 » September 22nd, 2022, 10:42 pm

Hello again. I have tried out the latest version of your "stealth unlocker" ROM using my Xplorer cartridge on my SCPH-7502 PS1 model, and it works as intented. Here are the list of games that I have tried out:

- Wipeout (PAL, Kodak Ultima CD-R) - CDDA works, no FMV or audio skipping, game plays perfectly.
- Cocobo Stallion (NTSC-J, original) - No FMV or audio skipping, works perfectly.
- Motor Toon Grand Prix (NTSC-J, original) - Game works, no issues here.

I have yet to upload a video of it in action, I'll post a link here later.

Squaresoft74
Verified
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///

Post by Squaresoft74 » September 23rd, 2022, 1:45 am

Thanks for the update, will give it a try asap.
I've noticed the rom size is back to 256k.
Is that done on purpose for later planned features to fit or a build mistake ?

MottZilla
Verified
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User

Post by MottZilla » September 23rd, 2022, 2:32 pm

Build mistake/oversight. You can safely cut it to 128KB and it will work just fine.

Thanks masterg0r0. I'm happy to hear it's working well for you.

masterg0r0
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User

Post by masterg0r0 » November 29th, 2022, 7:26 am

Would it be good if you could post the source code to GitHub so that other people can insert new additions such as new AP patches or bug fixes?

qkwyx
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User
PlayStation Model: 5501

Post by qkwyx » January 31st, 2023, 5:52 pm

good day. Would like to ask I have scph-5500 jap console, do i need to use swap trick while blocking the lid sensor on multidisc games like or how do i swap in the middle game asking disc 2 on my jap console? thanks very much.

MottZilla
Verified
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User

Post by MottZilla » February 1st, 2023, 10:42 am

qkwyx wrote: January 31st, 2023, 5:52 pm good day. Would like to ask I have scph-5500 jap console, do i need to use swap trick while blocking the lid sensor on multidisc games like or how do i swap in the middle game asking disc 2 on my jap console? thanks very much.
Multi-disc games on a Japanese console require you to either save first and boot the 2nd disc directly or do a swap trick on the disc change.

With Japanese consoles you do need to block the lid sensor with a real disc inserted at the CD Player screen. After the disc stops spinning you change to your Import or Backup disc and then exit the CD Player screen and the game will load.

qkwyx
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by qkwyx » February 4th, 2023, 1:27 am

MottZilla wrote: February 1st, 2023, 10:42 am
qkwyx wrote: January 31st, 2023, 5:52 pm good day. Would like to ask I have scph-5500 jap console, do i need to use swap trick while blocking the lid sensor on multidisc games like or how do i swap in the middle game asking disc 2 on my jap console? thanks very much.
Multi-disc games on a Japanese console require you to either save first and boot the 2nd disc directly or do a swap trick on the disc change.

With Japanese consoles you do need to block the lid sensor with a real disc inserted at the CD Player screen. After the disc stops spinning you change to your Import or Backup disc and then exit the CD Player screen and the game will load.
Okay noted All I need is insert real disc at the CD Player screen while blocking the lid sensor. got it. thanks again.

qkwyx
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by qkwyx » May 5th, 2023, 4:33 pm

Good day. Any updates or news about Stealth Unlocker?

masterg0r0
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User

Post by masterg0r0 » May 20th, 2023, 7:56 am

Not from what I could see at the moment.

MottZilla
Verified
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User

Post by MottZilla » July 6th, 2023, 6:04 pm

qkwyx wrote: May 5th, 2023, 4:33 pm Good day. Any updates or news about Stealth Unlocker?
Nothing new at this time. I'm not sure that there is a lot to add to it at this point. I don't think there is much functionality to be added outside of more anti-piracy protection patches for PAL and JP releases. Was there something you think would be useful to add?

XeCuTioNR
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by XeCuTioNR » July 9th, 2023, 4:07 pm

the only thing i was going to suggest was to the small fix to the rom size down to 128kb for the flash cd. Anything else like Anti mod patches would be great, awesome rom.