MCTOOL - PS1 Installer for TonyHax or FreePSXBoot+TonyHax

General homebrew games, programs and PlayStation PS-EXE's
MottZilla
Verified
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User

MCTOOL - PS1 Installer for TonyHax or FreePSXBoot+TonyHax

Post by MottZilla » February 21st, 2022, 12:07 pm

I put together a program to give another option for installing TonyHax on a memory card. The previous methods tended to require other hardware like a PS2 or memory card interface for PC. With this all you need to get TonyHax installed is a CD-R and a way to boot it. You can choose to install a collection of TonyHax save files or FreePSXBoot + TonyHax.

This could be helpful for someone who doesn't have the other hardware to install TonyHax as they would only need to succeed in doing the Swap Trick once.

https://ufile.io/uw9l8bgf
(update: fixed iso/cue)

Readme.txt

Code: Select all

MCTOOL By: MottZilla
Version 1.0

This is a PS1 tool to install TonyHax or FreePSXBoot+TonyHax on your memory cards. It can remove the install of
FreePSXBoot from a memory card too. I created this tool so all you need to install/uninstall and use TonyHax is
the console itself and a way to boot a CD-R such as the swap trick. 

Your options include:

* Choose to Install FreePSXBoot+TonyHax to Memory Card
--* Choose Slot 1 or Slot 2 Install. Slot 2 Recommended.
--* Choose from multiple BIOS versions.

* Choose to Install TonyHax Game Saves to Memory Card
--* Choose from 5 different collections of TonyHax Save Game Exploits.

* Choose to Format Memory Card. Useful to remove FreePSXBoot Installs.

TonyHax Version 1.4.3

https://github.com/socram8888/tonyhax
https://github.com/brad-lin/FreePSXBoot/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MottZilla on October 16th, 2022, 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MottZilla
Verified
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User

Post by MottZilla » March 1st, 2022, 8:47 am

I have made a companion program to MCTOOL. PS1 Demo Swap Patcher. The purpose of this program is to patch common demo discs to load TonyHax and facilitate a very easy swap trick. This will help anyone that is in a situation where their only option to boot a CD-R is the swap trick while the console is booting. When this demo swap method there is no precise timing required. Then you can run MCTOOL and get FreePSXBoot installed on a memory card.

The program also allows you to add additional demo discs incase the one you have is not supported already.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dslayter81
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7001
Discord: 671280603466825739

Post by dslayter81 » October 16th, 2022, 7:26 pm

https://ufile.io/uw9l8bgf this link is no good. Can you please reupload to somewhere that does not require a subscription?

MottZilla
Verified
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User

Post by MottZilla » October 16th, 2022, 8:08 pm

I attached the current version to the first post.

dslayter81
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7001
Discord: 671280603466825739

Post by dslayter81 » October 16th, 2022, 9:34 pm

Thank you

masterg0r0
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User
I am a: Modder and Hobbyist Developer
Motto: Everything is hackable 100%!
PlayStation Model: 1002+7502

Post by masterg0r0 » November 10th, 2022, 3:23 pm

When is there going to be a new version bundled with the latest version of "Tonyhax"?

MottZilla
Verified
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User

Post by MottZilla » November 11th, 2022, 3:11 pm

I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Alexfree has been very actively working on TonyHax, so that has me delaying updating since I imagine as soon as I update it, he'll have another update for TonyHax.

Updating the SPL if you're using a save game would be easy for me to update, but if you're using FreePSXBoot it's more involved updating that. Once it seems like new developments are mostly complete I'll try to update MCTOOL completely for that.

However, there is the UniROM boot disc which might be another and more up to date method to install the latest TonyHax International.

alexfree
Verified
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User
I am a: Programmer, Gamer
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1000

Post by alexfree » November 24th, 2022, 12:17 pm

MottZilla wrote: November 11th, 2022, 3:11 pm I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Alexfree has been very actively working on TonyHax, so that has me delaying updating since I imagine as soon as I update it, he'll have another update for TonyHax.

Updating the SPL if you're using a save game would be easy for me to update, but if you're using FreePSXBoot it's more involved updating that. Once it seems like new developments are mostly complete I'll try to update MCTOOL completely for that.

However, there is the UniROM boot disc which might be another and more up to date method to install the latest TonyHax International.
Maybe it would make sense to change MCTool to be more dynamic? I.e. no hardcoded file sizes, dynamically read files from disc. That way you'd never need to update it again. Someone can just use mkpsxiso to rebuild the image with files.

I was reading some PSYQ docs and did notice how you are writing/formatting memory cards ;)

MottZilla
Verified
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User

Post by MottZilla » November 24th, 2022, 3:14 pm

For FreePSXBoot installs it actually does some stuff oddly to load everything into memory at once. But yeah in the future perhaps it'll be more dynamic.

alexfree
Verified
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User
I am a: Programmer, Gamer
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1000

Post by alexfree » November 26th, 2022, 8:58 am

Socram8888 actually canceled his own 'tonyhax installer' after seeing MCTOOL: https://github.com/socram8888/tonyhax/i ... 1327720238 . It looks like OG Tonyhax v1.4.4 is coming out soon.

Something also interesting is Socram8888 must have seen this comment I made: https://github.com/socram8888/tonyhax/issues/92 . The Socram8888 anti-piracy bypass now supports some APV1 games now too. https://github.com/socram8888/tonyhax/c ... 7a84479344 . Of course his method doesn't work for Japanese consoles still but it is interesting.

MottZilla
Verified
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User

Post by MottZilla » November 26th, 2022, 8:58 pm

I guess that's another reason to update it sometime.