Controller: Analog
Players: 1
Memory Card: -
Languages: Eng
Region: -
Burn and Play: -
Executable Included: Yes
Source Included: Yes

I started this game project back in late August, but it took me until yesterday to finally bring the 3d code to a point I'm happy with. I'm releasing what I have now as a standalone tech demo, whereas the game I have under development (which will evolve from this tech demo) will hopefully be released one day...

All the game code for this can be found in source/game/game.c. The exe is in the bin folder and it should work fine in Mednafen and in real hardware. There's no polygon subdivision currently and it runs like dog water but those are problems for future me to solve :v

Controls (must use controller with analog sticks):
Left Stick - movement
Right Stick - camera
:triangle - jump
R1 - toggle rope
:square - show debug information

I was going to attach 2 ropes to her head and call it "hair physics", but then I realized it's not worth it considering this character is just a placeholder.

EXE and Source Code: https://www.mediafire.com/file/1dwvv1g7 ... mo.7z/file

Elvarg
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User
Discord: Elvarg#5843

Post by Elvarg » January 6th, 2022, 5:22 am

Looks cool! But apparently, you seem to have forgotten to provide the atd_export plugin script for Blender.

mzxtuelkl
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5501

Post by mzxtuelkl » January 6th, 2022, 4:01 pm

Elvarg wrote: January 6th, 2022, 5:22 am Looks cool! But apparently, you seem to have forgotten to provide the atd_export plugin script for Blender.
I used to store the code for all my blender 2.78 scripts on my formerly deleted website, but I've now reinstated the site under a different host so you can now view the scripts here. Mind that you'll have to copy and paste the script's text into blender then run it manually since I couldn't be bothered to write a proper plugin. Sorry if it's obnoxious..

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » February 8th, 2022, 4:42 am

This game shows a lot of potential! Hope to see more of it. Try and do some solid polygon shading (unless you want to keep it wireframe based) :)
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

mzxtuelkl
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5501

Post by mzxtuelkl » February 8th, 2022, 5:21 pm

Shadow wrote: February 8th, 2022, 4:42 am This game shows a lot of potential! Hope to see more of it. Try and do some solid polygon shading (unless you want to keep it wireframe based) :)
My plan is to try flat-shaded polygons first (with some tricks), and if it still looks icky, switch to wireframe. The final result won't push the PS1 to its limits, but hopefully with each game I make, the engine will improve until it reaches a wizardly status. I would use gouraud-shaded polygons, but my file formats do not currently support them, and file formats have been a pain to deal with unfortunately. I'll definitely try my best either way though!