Controller: Classic
Players: 1
Memory Card: NA
Languages: Eng
Region: NTSC
Burn and Play: Yes
Executable Included: Yes
Source Included: Yes

Quadrilateral Conundrum is a simple Tetris homebrew clone for ps1. PS1 was my first game system and with the help with http://www.psxdev.net/ resources I was able to make something for it! I plan on making more interesting projects in the future if I can figure out how to program them.

Screenshots:
Video:
https://youtu.be/gJWoWCCUJnc

Credits:
PS-EXE, CUE + BIN and Source Code: https://github.com/sleepingburrito/Qadr ... lConundrum (I know about the spelling error, oops!)

I attached just the CUE-BIN to this post and the source is on the github.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Xavi92
C Programming Expert
C Programming Expert
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5502

Post by Xavi92 » December 5th, 2018, 9:31 am

Looks really promising! :) However, why did you implement some function on a header file (DRW.H)? That could cause you big problems if including such file more than once.

sleepingburrito
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by sleepingburrito » December 5th, 2018, 9:41 am

Xavi92 wrote: December 5th, 2018, 9:31 am Looks really promising! :) However, why did you implement some function on a header file (DRW.H)? That could cause you big problems if including such file more than once.
I have no excuses other than I am not a good programmer. Everything was in only 1 file and I sort of made the others just to make it less crowded but its defiantly me being lazy than doing something in the right way and I admit it.

Xavi92
C Programming Expert
C Programming Expert
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5502

Post by Xavi92 » December 5th, 2018, 10:17 am

Don't get me wrong - I don't think you are a bad programmer at all. In fact, I liked the const-correctness of your code. That's definitely not something common to see. :)

Yagotzirck
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User

Post by Yagotzirck » December 5th, 2018, 9:40 pm

Aside from putting function definitions inside another .c file rather than inside headers, you should also put include guards in your header files to avoid problems such as the one mentioned by Xavi.
It's no hassle at all, e.g. in DRW.H you should put something like this at the beginning of the file:

Code: Select all

#ifndef DRW_H
#define DRW_H
then append this at the end of the file:

#endif 
and you're good to go.

As for the project itself, nicely done - it's always nice to see more people joining the scene :)

sleepingburrito
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by sleepingburrito » December 6th, 2018, 7:19 am

Yagotzirck wrote: December 5th, 2018, 9:40 pm Aside from putting function definitions inside another .c file rather than inside headers, you should also put include guards in your header files to avoid problems such as the one mentioned by Xavi.
It's no hassle at all, e.g. in DRW.H you should put something like this at the beginning of the file:

#ifndef DRW_H
#define DRW_H
then append this at the end of the file:

#endif 
and you're good to go.

As for the project itself, nicely done - it's always nice to see more people joining the scene :)
Will do, I will add the guards right now to my file. All future projects will have it now. Thank you!