I need help with increasing the content of psx files

Start a work log and update it occasionally with your projects progress
gyyo93
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1001

I need help with increasing the content of psx files

Post by gyyo93 » April 22nd, 2023, 3:47 am

First of all, I don't know if I asked the question in the right place or if someone has already asked it, because I'm new to the site. I am currently working on Resident Evil 1 1996 org US version SLUS_001.70, I want to insert the auto aim from Resident Evil 1 Director Cut Dual Shock US SLUS_007.47 version into the original version, I already found everything related to aim, with Cheat Engine and in No$PSX debugger, the only problem is that the data related to aim in RE1DC is bigger than RE1. So I'm interested, since I've never increased the BIN/ISO, what should I pay attention to and how to increase it, I have slightly above average experience with the debugger. Any help would be appreciated.

Xavi92
Verified
C Programming Expert
C Programming Expert
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5502

Post by Xavi92 » April 22nd, 2023, 8:51 pm

Not sure if this helps, but isn't it possible to dump the BIN/CUE contents into a directory, insert the new files and create the BIN/CUE image pair again, possibly using PSn00bSDK's tools?

gyyo93
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1001

Post by gyyo93 » April 23rd, 2023, 1:23 am

Thanks for the answer Xavi92, I don't know either, and I've never worked with PSn00bSDK's, I thought that if there was a way to with the HEX editor and no$psx debugger and with the correct offsets just copy/paste from RE1DC to RE1 (add more content if needed to ISO/BIN file) and then calculated the new offsets again. I know it's a huge job because everything will have to be moved and increased by X bytes, but I want to learn, just to have a good starting point and a good indication of where to start. Greeting

ShonRT
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User
I am a: Gamer
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1002
Discord: Sam66#4024

Post by ShonRT » October 18th, 2023, 1:07 pm

-Hi all. I am newbie. Glad to be here. Have a nice day everyone!)