PSX BIOS Dumper

Start a work log and update it occasionally with your projects progress
Squaresoft74
Verified
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7502

Post by Squaresoft74 » December 7th, 2018, 7:39 am

Glad i could help to point this issue out and even more that you're willing to give it a fix.
Thank you Shendo. :)

Arnold101
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by Arnold101 » December 25th, 2019, 2:15 pm

yeah, if lid is open the program not boot

FredWolf
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by FredWolf » March 27th, 2024, 11:56 pm

Hello! I want to dump BIOS of my PSX and I have a question about serial cable. Will this work if I use this guide to make cable to connect with PC's COM port https://hitmen.c02.at/html/psx_siocable.html? Since we (if I understood correctly) need only TX and RX lines can I use only one MAX232 IC for that? Thanks

nocash
Verified
PSX Aficionado
PSX Aficionado

Post by nocash » March 28th, 2024, 11:25 am

One MAX232 chip should work fine for RX, TX, RTS, CTS. I don't know if RTS and CTS are needed or not, but it would be crazy not to connect them as the MAX232 has enough spare pins for that.
DTR and DSR are probably not needed (or if they are: You can wire them to "always ready" state, so you won't need a second MAX232 chip).

Anyways... you are aware that PCs with traditional COM ports (those that did require MAX232 for voltage conversion) went out of fashion some 20 years ago?

FredWolf
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by FredWolf » March 28th, 2024, 7:24 pm

nocash wrote: March 28th, 2024, 11:25 am Anyways... you are aware that PCs with traditional COM ports (those that did require MAX232 for voltage conversion) went out of fashion some 20 years ago?
What is "traditional" COM port then? Isn't this the same but just internal: https://pinoutguide.com/Motherboard/rs2 ... nout.shtml ? It's called "Internal COM/serial port" and my 1150 motherboard has it.

Also, I have question about reading CD-R discs. I think my PSX (SCPH-5552) is not modded, so the easiest way to make it read CD-R with BIOS Dumper is adjust hte laser and swap disc method. Is that correct? I have a few originals discs but they are all hardly readable.