CosmoGuy
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User
I am a: Hell knows who I am
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7502

PSX 3d Ripper Project

Post by CosmoGuy » May 25th, 2013, 5:33 am

Hi

Because of time i didnt started WELL yet so...

For about a month im thinking about some kind of -ultimate TMD / PMD / HMD + TOD + TIM [the last two ones are not necessarily [but it would be cool to have animations...], but let's get into topic.
I want to write application which simply extracts models [the original geometry from psx games].
Someone will say "Blah blah not all titles are using sony's game engine blah blah" - Yeah i know... but most of them, or about more than 50%. Why is there so need? In my opinion [and future goals] there are:

-having yet, good optimized geometry to use in own productions just for psx :)
-the same but for PDAs / Android [maybe someone, who has older phone like nokia n95]
-for making reproduction of some game from psx to PC [like me, the super-nerd lol :)]

The question for now is:

What library use to "Search fro TMDs" in big files?
I seriously have not idea. My only first step [made now and i'm just stuck because i dont know what exactly do] was writing by FileFormat47.pdf from PSYQ my own TMD format implementation into code, and then operate on it by using those variables for finding into file. But that "finding them in bigger file" is... quite hard when it comes to multiply by number of objects then verts,prims,norms - where prims has MANY TYPES OF THEM [few of them, very complicated configurations for every special polygons] with special floating variable [i can't make it...how to make own type in c++? I'm now that good?!] and because there is a flag at the beginning of the file [the TMD file, probably second byte if i remember good], that means the "content" or "essence" [veerts,prims,norms etc etc] are just lower... or... SOMEWHERE.
And by "somewhere" in the file at all, there is some information about "where exactly" - the offset/address in flag of TMD.
This is very very chaotic as you can see, and as you can see i don't understand it well :D. This is my very first attempt to get any file from any file. And "I choose you TMD!" :D.

So... help please :D my nerves are going to crash this day if i dont invent any idead about how to do that, in simple way.
And i'm not that ambicious, i just want to rip TMDs and convert them to popular OBJs...

SmashFan127
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by SmashFan127 » May 26th, 2013, 2:31 am

Finally! Someone who shares similar goals like mine! I've always wanted to have models from PSX games, and I am rooting for you! Good luck.