Orion_
Verified
Legendary Programmer
Legendary Programmer
I am a: Programmer
PlayStation Model: Net Yaroze

PocketStation Save Manager

Post by Orion_ » February 4th, 2013, 8:37 am

This tool run from a Playstation CD. It will allow you to upload any PocketStation Save file (.bin or .gme) from the CD to your PocketStation inserted inside one of the Memory Card Slot. Featuring a nice user friendly Interface.

Download it here: http://onorisoft.free.fr/psx/psloader.zip
It does require some time and tools to actually make a bootable CD with your own pocketstation roms, there is no "ready to use" iso with pirate roms.

A little demonstration here with a pocketstation game I made:
Last edited by Orion_ on August 2nd, 2013, 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retro game development on Playstation and other consoles http://orionsoft.free.fr/

Shendo
Verified
C Programming Expert
C Programming Expert
Motto: Never settle
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7502
Discord: ShendoXT

Post by Shendo » August 1st, 2013, 12:30 pm

I'm surprised no one commented on this one. Great tool with really nice interface.
Can you manage regular saves also or is it just PocketStation oriented?
Dev console: SCPH-7502, FreePSXBoot, CH340 serial cable.

Orion_
Verified
Legendary Programmer
Legendary Programmer

Post by Orion_ » August 2nd, 2013, 7:20 am

Thank you :)
I updated the video link to a new one.
I think it might work for regular save, but didn't tried, the PocketStation is just a memory card with a screen and buttons :)
Retro game development on Playstation and other consoles http://orionsoft.free.fr/

alimadhi
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User
PlayStation Model: DTL-H1101

Post by alimadhi » January 24th, 2015, 5:09 am

Great Work amazing .... :clap
Fmicome (*3) Nintendo NES (*8) MegaDrive (*6) MegaDrive II (*7) Dreamcast (*4)
PlayStation : SCPH-5000, SCPH-5502, SCPH-7000, SCPH-7502 (*5), SCPH-9000, SCPH-9002 (*6)
PlayStation 2 : SCPH-50000 (*4), SCPH-50004 (*2), SCPH-70000(*2), SCPH-70004, SCPH-77004
PlayStation 3 : CECH-2004B, CECH2012B, CECH-2512B, CECH-2503A

ignatius333
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by ignatius333 » December 11th, 2017, 3:44 am

Hi.

I'm having problems transfering over .BIN files to my PocketStation. I believe i'm using the latest version.
For some reason it shows that the .BIN file is installed, in that it shows it on the left window. But, when I go to use my PocketStation, and press the right arrow, there is no game. Something else I noticed, is when I copy over the file, it doesn't say "Copying..." in the transfer window.

Anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Orion_
Verified
Legendary Programmer
Legendary Programmer

Post by Orion_ » December 12th, 2017, 7:11 am

does your bin file have the correct format ?
can you post it so I can analyze it ?

Greg2600
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by Greg2600 » July 25th, 2018, 4:55 pm

I have the PSIO device, and I've loaded this Tool, and I was able to load Orion's homebrew on the Pocketstation. Obviously that device has a limited storage capacity.

Realized I needed to use PSOne ISO Maker to create new BIN and CUE files. Then loaded PSIO again, and PSLoader had new files to choose. One thing I notice is that GME files seem fine, but BIN's are not. Those being the BIN's converted from GME to work on emulators and a few small BIN games created that way to begin with.

Punch
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by Punch » September 21st, 2020, 10:16 am

Cool tool!

I came across this by chance and I think you should really consider re-releasing it under another name. Why? Because I'm the owner of Zero Pocketstations and yet this was very useful.

You know how usually people will tell you to use uLaunchElf on a PS2 to manipulate PS1 save files? Well, I sold my PS2 (forgot about this very useful feature) and I'm using a PSOne console (aka no parallel port), and I REALLY wanted to get my Parasite Eve 2 save files from the PS3 virtual memory card to my actual memory cards to play on real hardware. Your CD homebrew was really useful for that, I just extracted the saves with MemcardRex and built the ISO of your homebrew with my .mcs files, and it worked like a charm.

I'd wager that the number of people who want to transfer saves from PS3/PC that don't own a PS2 or a Memcard Adapter are very small, but still a little bit larger than the number of Pocketstation users :lol: but still, very well done Orion, great tool, thanks for making this relatively simple but very useful tool public. :mrgreen:

daxter
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by daxter » January 15th, 2021, 7:07 am

not work for me, can't copy *.gme files