i'm still waiting release :)

ViLXDRYAD
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User
I am a: Avocado lover
Motto: FR E SH A VOCA DO
PlayStation Model: SCPH1001

Post by ViLXDRYAD » May 10th, 2018, 8:21 am

i'm just commenting here to give huge props to you, for all your effort on making other have a easier time creating homebrew, this is amazing! :D also looking forward for it too! x3

LameGuy64
Verified
Psy-Q Enthusiast
Psy-Q Enthusiast
I am a: Hobbyist Game Developer
Motto: Commercial or not, play it!
PlayStation Model: H2000/7000

Post by LameGuy64 » May 24th, 2019, 12:05 pm

This project has been in a bit of a hiatus as of late as my focus as switched to the PSn00b Debugger and PSn00bSDK projects. I'm still considering continuing development of this project but I'm most likely going to migrate it over to using PSn00bSDK instead of the official Programmers Tool/PsyQ SDK as I feel it would be more practical in the long run I believe as it would be a lot less problematic to distribute a homebrew game made with an open source SDK over a commercial SDK.

I may still release code of the older Programmers Tool/PsyQ version of Scarlet mainly for historical and educational purposes. I will do my best to make the PSn00bSDK version of the engine on-par to if it were made with the official SDK nonetheless and it would also benefit that project as well.
Please don't forget to include my name if you share my work around. Credit where it is due.

Dev. Console: SCPH-7000 with SCPH-7501 ROM, MM3, PAL color fix, Direct AV ports, DB-9 port for Serial I/O, and a Xplorer FX with Caetla 0.35.

DTL-H2000 PC: Dell Optiplex GX110, Windows 98SE & Windows XP, Pentium III 933MHz, 384MB SDRAM, ATI Radeon 7000 VE 64MB, Soundblaster Audigy, 40GB Seagate HDD, Hitachi Lite-on CD-RW Drive, ZIP 250 and 3.5" Floppy.

Orion_
Verified
Legendary Programmer
Legendary Programmer
I am a: Programmer
PlayStation Model: Net Yaroze

Post by Orion_ » May 27th, 2019, 3:10 am

did you do some speed benchmark between your SDK and the one from PsyQ ?
is there a speed improvement using the newer mips gcc rather than the old ccpsx from PsyQ ?
Retro game development on Playstation and other consoles http://orionsoft.free.fr/

LameGuy64
Verified
Psy-Q Enthusiast
Psy-Q Enthusiast

Post by LameGuy64 » May 27th, 2019, 2:55 pm

I haven't done benchmarks between current GCC and the old GCC from PsyQ yet. Though its possible the better optimized library functions in PSn00bSDK might offset the lower performance of current GCC if its slower than old GCC.
Please don't forget to include my name if you share my work around. Credit where it is due.

Dev. Console: SCPH-7000 with SCPH-7501 ROM, MM3, PAL color fix, Direct AV ports, DB-9 port for Serial I/O, and a Xplorer FX with Caetla 0.35.

DTL-H2000 PC: Dell Optiplex GX110, Windows 98SE & Windows XP, Pentium III 933MHz, 384MB SDRAM, ATI Radeon 7000 VE 64MB, Soundblaster Audigy, 40GB Seagate HDD, Hitachi Lite-on CD-RW Drive, ZIP 250 and 3.5" Floppy.

mossman
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by mossman » October 31st, 2019, 2:07 am

Awesome! Release date?

LameGuy64
Verified
Psy-Q Enthusiast
Psy-Q Enthusiast

Post by LameGuy64 » October 31st, 2019, 9:07 pm

This project has been put in the back burner for awhile in favor of my PSn00bSDK project, which this engine will soon be ported to. Should be perfectly doable as PSn00bSDK has full GPU and GTE support.

mossman
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by mossman » November 4th, 2019, 9:34 pm

Thanks for the information LameGuy64. I will check the PSn00bSDK then.

Harley201
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?
I am a: Basic Programmer, Student
Motto: Do the unthinkable

Post by Harley201 » January 5th, 2020, 8:51 pm

Quite excited to see someone working on a 3d game engine for the ps1! One of my big lifetime goals is to make a fully 3d ps1 game that I could actually play on console but most of my projects related to the ps1 is really only model replacements for the ps1 intro which is quite simple in comparison to what I've seen so far.
PlayStation Startup SiIva Ripper ;)

Ceri JC
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by Ceri JC » June 13th, 2020, 8:19 pm

So taken with this that I thought I'd sign up to the forums to post for the first time just to say; Well done, looks incredibly impressive!

For context: I'm currently making a small FPS deathmatch game on the PC, which for aesthetic reasons, I'm staying as close as possible to PSX resolution/texture limitations, etc. One day (those famous words! :lol: ) I'd like to have a stab at porting it to real PSX hardware and it's great to see that there is already tooling out there that might be adapted for this.

Xavi92
Verified
C Programming Expert
C Programming Expert
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5502

Post by Xavi92 » June 14th, 2020, 7:14 am

Ceri JC wrote: June 13th, 2020, 8:19 pm For context: I'm currently making a small FPS deathmatch game on the PC, which for aesthetic reasons, I'm staying as close as possible to PSX resolution/texture limitations, etc. One day (those famous words! :lol: ) I'd like to have a stab at porting it to real PSX hardware and it's great to see that there is already tooling out there that might be adapted for this.
I always dreamed of writing an online FPS game for the PSX using an external device (e.g.: ESP32) as WiFi interface. A Counter Strike clone, that'd be insane!