Trouble "Mastering" Images

General PSX CD Troubleshooting, PSX CD-ROM Mastering and Disc Creation
plumptree
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Trouble "Mastering" Images

Post by plumptree » December 13th, 2017, 6:25 pm

I have followed all of the steps in the "PlayStation 1 CD-ROM Mastering" guide and have run into some problems.

I have the file structure correct and all of the files named correctly, but I am getting 3 errors when running the GO.BAT

they show up as:

Code: Select all

Error 52 - File HIWORLD.CTI, Line 19
            The Specified Source File C:\CDGEN\LICENSE\LICENSEE.DAT Cannot be Found

Error 52 0 File HIWORLD.CTI Line 46
            The Specified Source File C:\PSYQ\PROJECTS\HIWORLD\MAIN.EXE Cannot be Found

Error 54 - File HIWORLD.CTI, Line 47
            No Valid Source Record was encountered within the File Definition
From what I can gather this is saying that:
1. It can't find a LICENSEE.DAT file in directory C:\CDGEN\LICENSE\ which is correct as the guide never mentioned anything about setting this up.

2. my MAIN.EXE in my hiworld folder isnt showing up which is strange because I have that compiled from the previous step.

3. I have no idea what Error 54 is supposed to be.

If anyone could help that would be great but Mastering homebrew isn't as necessary as say, actually getting everything setup.

TriMesh
Verified
PSX Aptitude
PSX Aptitude
PlayStation Model: DTL-H1202

Post by TriMesh » December 13th, 2017, 6:48 pm

OK, to fix the first error you need to change the contents of line 1 on the file to reflect where you have the cdgen files installed - for example on my machine the correct path is C:\psyq\cdgen\LCNSFILE

The second one is probably again that the path doesn't exactly match your installation, so recheck it

The third error looks spurious - it's basically saying that the file entry didn't contain any data, which is almost certainly caused by the error on the previous line.

plumptree
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by plumptree » December 14th, 2017, 3:30 pm

TriMesh wrote:OK, to fix the first error you need to change the contents of line 1 on the file to reflect where you have the cdgen files installed - for example on my machine the correct path is C:\psyq\cdgen\LCNSFILE

The second one is probably again that the path doesn't exactly match your installation, so recheck it

The third error looks spurious - it's basically saying that the file entry didn't contain any data, which is almost certainly caused by the error on the previous line.
I eventually fixed the cdgen error, but I am still getting the error where it cannot find the main.exe
I have tried writing different programs (Different iterations on Hello World) and writing them for J, E, and A, but nothing will fix this error. Well, nothing that I can find.

Edit: Major oversight. The main.exe error is happening because it was trying to find it in C:\psyq\projects\hiworld\ when it is actually in C:\psyq\projects\hiworld\source
Sorry about this, but thanks for help with the other error!

Edit 2: the GO.BAT is successfully making a HIWORLD.IMG, QSHEET.TOC, & a CDW900E.TOC, but it isn't making a .iso anywhere
Maybe it has something to do with it saying this:

Building HIWORLD.IMG...
Converting HIWORLD.IMG to HIWORLD.ISO

INTERRUPT 0DH, GENERAL PROTECTION FAULT          possible illegal address
error code = 0000
eax = 00003E00          esi = 000000C7          flags = 3246               ds = 017F
ebx = FACB0005          edi = 000000C0          eip = 0000350B          es = 01C7
ecx = 00000000          ebp = 00C09FFF          cs = 019F                   fs = 01AF
edx = 00000000          esp = 000000D2          ss = 017F                   gs = 0000
The HIWORLD CD-ROM Image was Created Successfully!

PSXLICENSE Version 1.0
Copyright (C) 2014-2015 PSXDEV.net 11/MARCH/2015.
Format.: PSXLICENSE [options] [image]
Error..: Invalid image.
Purpose: License a PlayStation binary image.
Options:
              /eu - European (PAL) license,
              /us - American (NTSC-U/C) license, or
              /jp - Japanese (NTSC-J) license.

Press any key to continue...
Also, when I try to type in "/us" the window disappears after I press "/"

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » December 14th, 2017, 5:12 pm

INTERRUPT 0DH, GENERAL PROTECTION FAULT possible illegal address
Two options here:
  • 1) Use a 32-bit or 16-bit system with DEP off, and preferably an Intel CPU. Otherwise, the easiest solution is to just use DOSBox to run this part, or setup Windows 98 in a VPC.

2) Use 'The Revenge of Strip ISO' (here).
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.