PSone Dev. Studio 2006

All other SDK help, questions and information
Post Reply
Spipis
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User
Posts: 39
Joined: Jun 17, 2012

PSone Dev. Studio 2006

Post by Spipis » June 4th, 2013, 11:42 pm

Something good for starters (like myself).
It's easy to use, compile and play with C!

More info and download here: http://digilander.libero.it/Bemipefe/psone_windev.html

User avatar
sofzilog
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User
Posts: 7
Joined: May 06, 2013
Location: Brussel

Post by sofzilog » October 1st, 2014, 4:30 am

Thank you so much!! :praise

User avatar
Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
Posts: 2558
Joined: Dec 31, 2012
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » October 1st, 2014, 3:05 pm

I've had this program on my HDD for a long time. It's nice someone attempted to make an IDE, but it's not very useful. I still recommend using Psy-Q directly with the 4.7 libs.
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

User avatar
Shendo
Verified
C Programming Expert
C Programming Expert
Posts: 240
Joined: Mar 21, 2012
I am a: Programmer
Motto: Never settle
PlayStation Model: SCPH-9002
Location: Croatia, EU

Post by Shendo » October 5th, 2014, 5:22 am

It's a great idea but lack of updates rendered it useless. Shame, if only it was developed further.
And it uses Blade's libs which need to be launched with PsyQ made application which defeats purpose of using open source libs...
My PS1 consoles: 2 x SCPH-1002, SCPH-5552, SCPH-7002, 4x SCPH-9002, 2 x SCPH-102.
Dev console: SCPH-9002, MM3 - 7 wire modchip, PAL color mod, CH340 serial cable addon.

User avatar
gwald
Verified
1997 Yaroze Enthusiast
1997 Yaroze Enthusiast
Posts: 262
Joined: Sep 18, 2013
I am a: programmer/DBA
PlayStation Model: Net Yaroze
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by gwald » June 15th, 2016, 2:14 pm

I haven't used the IDE.. yet
But what's more interesting is it has a free (to use, ie non Sony) Library called blade, which looks pretty advanced.
https://web.archive.org/web/20020120131 ... e.ip3.com/

Anyone know about it? is the source code available anywhere? :shrug

User avatar
Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
Posts: 2558
Joined: Dec 31, 2012
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » June 15th, 2016, 2:16 pm

gwald wrote:I haven't used the IDE.. yet
But what's more interesting is it has a free (to use, ie non Sony) Library called blade, which looks pretty advanced.
https://web.archive.org/web/20020120131 ... e.ip3.com/
Yes... Those are the Blade libs by Rob Whitney. They are very, very old and the software using them would only work on emulators. They would crash or do other strange things on real hardware. These libraries have not been maintained for years. Do not use them.
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

User avatar
gwald
Verified
1997 Yaroze Enthusiast
1997 Yaroze Enthusiast
Posts: 262
Joined: Sep 18, 2013
I am a: programmer/DBA
PlayStation Model: Net Yaroze
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by gwald » June 15th, 2016, 2:18 pm

Shadow wrote:
gwald wrote:I haven't used the IDE.. yet
But what's more interesting is it has a free (to use, ie non Sony) Library called blade, which looks pretty advanced.
https://web.archive.org/web/20020120131 ... e.ip3.com/
Yes... Those are the Blade libs by Rob Whitney. They are very, very old and the software using them would only work on emulators. They would crash or do other strange things on real hardware. These libraries have not been maintained for years. Do not use them.
Oh thanks, that's a shame, do you know if the code is available?

User avatar
Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
Posts: 2558
Joined: Dec 31, 2012
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » June 15th, 2016, 3:17 pm

gwald wrote:
Shadow wrote:
gwald wrote:I haven't used the IDE.. yet
But what's more interesting is it has a free (to use, ie non Sony) Library called blade, which looks pretty advanced.
https://web.archive.org/web/20020120131 ... e.ip3.com/
Yes... Those are the Blade libs by Rob Whitney. They are very, very old and the software using them would only work on emulators. They would crash or do other strange things on real hardware. These libraries have not been maintained for years. Do not use them.
Oh thanks, that's a shame, do you know if the code is available?
Nope. You'll have to track him down and ask if he still has it.
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests