Tomba! 2: The Evil Swine Return JPN OST insertion

Miscellaneous and un-categorized content regarding the PlayStation 1
SteppoBlazer
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Tomba! 2: The Evil Swine Return JPN OST insertion

Post by SteppoBlazer » March 22nd, 2020, 2:18 am

Hi there folks, I'm new here! Allright let's get straight into the meat n potatoes of it all. I managed to swap the OST of the NTSC-U version of Tomba! 2 with the JPN version quite easilly. Tested the ISO and it works just fine, the only thing left to do in order to have a complete OST is to manipulate the SEQ/VAB files code to make em like the JPN version. Using a tool called VGMTrans I managed to obtain all data regarding these files, such as location, notes and so on. I converted em into MID to play em back to see if they were what I was looking for and it worked. So with and HexEditor I went in and changed some notes bytes of a SEQ file with the ones from the JPN version and hold and behold the JPN SEQ melody was playing instead of the US one. My goal is to insert the edited SEQ files keeping their original lenght for now, otherwise I would have to manually modify each data pointer and restructure a whole bunch of stuff inside the ISO. Anyhow my question is am I stucked manipulating the SEQ files using an hexeditor or does anyone of you guys know if there is any tool that can make the process faster? Like something that can extract/inject these SEQ files? Thank you guys so much in advance for dedicating your precious time to read my nonsense

sfdinossauro
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by sfdinossauro » January 26th, 2022, 1:20 pm

i've been looking for this since i got to know about emulators, even if it's not finished please send me a rom of this version :praise