Beginner question

BIOS, Controllers, Memory Cards, Serial I/O, Parallel I/O, etc.
CosmoGuy
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User
I am a: Hell knows who I am
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7502

Beginner question

Post by CosmoGuy » June 24th, 2012, 4:52 am

Hi
Yesterday i acquired a gameshark thingy. Its called GmeHunter. Sadly, I can't buy XPloder from anywhere [I havent bank account to make ebay account and PayPal, and i'm not even 18 yeat [waiting till 31 July ends :)]].

So for now I have "PS Game Hunter 2M / V.5G"
Up to LPT port it's writen "KENT. / 2000".

chip/flash or whatever:
AM29f010
-90JI
9834DB D
(c) 1991 AMD
I even dont know how to make a copy of all that cheat-program which is inside. Some backup tool?
Secondly caetla. Where from? I found some files on Avanaboy's site, but i don't even know i can install those files on it.

For a while i havnet internet internet connection, so no pictures of that and no posts at the time. I am at friend's house writing that and praying, that will be working as good as XPloder.

Regrads

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » June 24th, 2012, 3:45 pm

It wont work. CAETLA will only work with the DATEL Comms Link on the card you got. Don't even bother searching for the Comms Link card or trying to buy one. I specifically mentioned to only buy an Xplorer, but, seeming as you can not find one, you will need to make a Freewing in order to use your "gameshark thingy".

A friend and I have the schematic made in EAGLE as well as the PCB layout (we made it back in 26/JUNE/2011) but never ran it through a PCB manufacturer and it never got finished. If you are up for it, I can see if I can finish it off (it's a little outdated) and you can pay to have it made.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

CosmoGuy
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User
I am a: Hell knows who I am
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7502

Post by CosmoGuy » June 25th, 2012, 7:58 pm

So I really havent other choice? I thought that there is EZ'o'Ray or smtn like that, that should work properly on any card with LPT port... [which seems that is programmble].

Secondly. Few days ago there was a big storm in my city and my router crashed, so from then i have not internet connection. I have to wait on next router thats why my reply is so late.

Third... Win XP doesnt see any new insterted device into COM /LPT. Why? Isnt it plug'n'play?
Does it need any drivers or special card? I seriously dont know anything about it. And all of demos doesnt run on epsxe -_-. Im tired of this i just want to code some samples to start cool game :P.

Edit:

That card only needs to be compatibile with Caetla right? If yes i can buy Game Hunter [another one, XPloder is very very hard to find, really...] with PC Comms Link card, cable and instruction with my language. And what is good, bios is caetla installed originally.

Of course alternative is making a Serial cable from hitmen's site. I gave it to friend. He knows a bit about that.

Regrads.