PS1/2 controller messages.

BIOS, Controllers, Memory Cards, Serial I/O, Parallel I/O, etc.
nbxmike
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

PS1/2 controller messages.

Post by nbxmike » October 7th, 2018, 2:33 am

New to the forum, and did try searching, but coming up empty I'm now asking.

Does anyone know of a document on the meaning of the controller query messages? I've looked through the library user documentation and there are references to things like enquiring about the number of motors, the power draw, etc. but I can't find a connection to the actual messages between the game controller and the PlayStation.

I am asking as I'm trying to create an interface between a robot operator's console incorporating a SCPH-1110 and a USB based PC (https://github.com/nbxmike/PSOC-Console). I know that the old analog controller does not support a 0x43 config message or any of the interrogation messages that typically follow that; but, I can't do the halfway support that the current generation of USB interface devices from Amazon or Aliexpress do (which only support SCPH-10010 or SCPH-110 controllers.)

Finally, does anyone have a SCPH-10520 they would part with? It was the dual analog without vibration that Sony marketed at the end of the PlayStation 2 life. I figure I could at least identify the motor and current draw fields if I could look at the messages it transfers.