SOS how to make a serial cosomolink usb

BIOS, Controllers, Memory Cards, Serial I/O, Parallel I/O, etc.
lyokopsx
BANNED
BANNED

SOS how to make a serial cosomolink usb

Post by lyokopsx » November 10th, 2017, 12:23 am

Hello everyone

I heard about how to make the cable that offers a very good quality at pc pc connection levels

alros i want to know exsite you it a tutorial to make this cable in a simple way is efficasse?

and at the weld levels is the hot area is not needed to desold the components?

and where to solder the wires is what is inside the serial port or outside?

And thank you in advance

CodeAsm
Verified
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User
I am a: Programmer, Student

Post by CodeAsm » November 10th, 2017, 2:28 am

for most PSOne: http://www.psxdev.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=365
others I dont know for sure, but pretty similiar. find the pins, or use the SIO connector.
I dint use a Max232 converter, cause I used my USB serial adapter in 3.3v mode, RX, TX and gnd where enough. You might want those other connections maybe aswell for some mainly older software want to use those.

For older/Fat ps1, it apears this thread is what your looking for?
http://www.psxdev.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=349

Please try the search option build in this forum website ;)
Development Console: SCPH-102, unkown clone Modchip, PAL , FTDI board build into the case (microUSB) for Serial I/O.
Development Computer: GNU/Linux, Arch x86_64 Linux 4.20.3, i7-3632QM [8x3.2GHz], 11,8GiB, 1366x768 GeForce GT 630M (Optimus tech), lots of gig of storage

lyokopsx
BANNED
BANNED

Post by lyokopsx » November 11th, 2017, 3:27 am

thank you very much

but I did not know that the PSONE have this posibility is that in case PSONE does not try to add the converter circuit from 3.3V to 5v? just had to connect the wires with the soldering iron is it? and resortire the port? and what is the port which I must weld to these threads?

and you do not have an idea to make a cable or a port if I can not find at home?

and if I remember the psx fat he need the cirucuit MAX or ISL to convert the tension

And thank you in advance

CodeAsm
Verified
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User
I am a: Programmer, Student

Post by CodeAsm » November 12th, 2017, 1:54 am

The PSone serial internal is 3.3v I believe. The whole MAX232 or other voltage convertion method is done purely on the assumption your going to connect to a true RS232 computer connector. If you going to use a PC or laptop that doesnt come with a serial port then you may just buy a USB serial converter, make sure its RX and TX are ttl level (3.3 alike) and directly connect the wires.
TX(pc) to RX(psone/Ps1) and RX to TX. things like DTR and RTS migth be helpfull but depends on the software you are running on the PS1. the McLaunch works fine with the minimal setup ive found.
Development Console: SCPH-102, unkown clone Modchip, PAL , FTDI board build into the case (microUSB) for Serial I/O.
Development Computer: GNU/Linux, Arch x86_64 Linux 4.20.3, i7-3632QM [8x3.2GHz], 11,8GiB, 1366x768 GeForce GT 630M (Optimus tech), lots of gig of storage