Error when using the 'psymake' command

General help for the PSY-Q SDK, such as setting the SDK up, compiling correctly, linking and debugging
Tragic_Prince
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Error when using the 'psymake' command

Post by Tragic_Prince » September 26th, 2015, 3:12 am

Hi guys!!
Since this is my 1st post let me congratulate all the people involved for their hard work!!

On to my question...
Ive installed PsyQ by reading the tutorial but every time that itry to use the command 'psymake' i get the following error:

C:\psyq\projects\hiwrold\source>psymake
PsyMake version 1.14 copyright SN Systems Software Ltd 1993
C:\psyq\bin\ccpsx.EXE -O3 -Xo$80010000 main.c -omain.cpe,main.sym,mem.map
cc1psx: C:\TEMP/cta03140: No such file or directory
Bad return code - make aborted

What is wrong whith it?
One more thing, ive opened the PSPATHS.BAT and saw that a typical path is like this "set PATH=C:\Psyq\bin;".
Shouldnt the word "Psyq" start with a small "p" rather than with a capital one? I saw at the Enviromental Variables that all the paths are registered like "C:\psyq\..."

So is it case sensitive or not?

Thanks alot!!!

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » September 26th, 2015, 3:31 am

Don't use PSPATHS.BAT. Delete that useless file. It's only good for use under Windows 9x.
Update your environment variables instead. The problem is that your temp directory is wrong.
No, it's not case sensitive.

Tomorrow I will update the help section and also remove that terribly messy Psy-Q SDK and replace it with the direct version from the original CD-ROM. That's been on my to do list for a while.
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

SCPH-1002
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by SCPH-1002 » September 26th, 2015, 10:46 am

Shadow wrote: Tomorrow I will update the help section and also remove that terribly messy Psy-Q SDK and replace it with the direct version from the original CD-ROM. That's been on my to do list for a while.
The original Psy-Q came on four floppy discs according the documentation.
If your development stuff came on CD-ROM it must be one of the Programmer's Tool Discs.
Some parts of those discs are even mixed with the SDK which is currently avaible in the download-section.

Tragic_Prince
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by Tragic_Prince » September 27th, 2015, 3:33 am

Shadow wrote:Don't use PSPATHS.BAT. Delete that useless file. It's only good for use under Windows 9x.
Update your environment variables instead. The problem is that your temp directory is wrong.
No, it's not case sensitive.

Tomorrow I will update the help section and also remove that terribly messy Psy-Q SDK and replace it with the direct version from the original CD-ROM. That's been on my to do list for a while.

Ohhhh, you were absolutely right...I thought i have updated the path but somehow didn't.
Now it works, a BIG THANKS!!! :D