Hi-res looks glitchy on Real Console?

Graphic based area of development (Graphics Processing Unit), including the Geometry Transform Engine (GTE), TIM, STR (MDEC), etc.
MihaiGamerXD
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User
I am a: Programmer
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1001

Hi-res looks glitchy on Real Console?

Post by MihaiGamerXD » January 22nd, 2020, 7:11 am

Hello, I got a serious problem, and I don't know exactly what was caused. When I use hi-res mode on my Real Console, it looks glitchy, and transparently. I really don't know what is going on, I'm very confused!

I also looked in OT, seems to be okay enough.
And on Emulators doesn't happen like that, maybe it caused from the Real Console only? Maybe I was wrong at my code...
Here's my source code, in case that I was wrong at my code.
main.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » January 22nd, 2020, 12:49 pm

You should reset callbacks before initialising new ones.
Check your GPU buffer positions and setup flags.

IE:
GsNONINTER
GsDefDispBuff(0, 0, 0, SCREEN_HEIGHT);
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

MihaiGamerXD
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User
I am a: Programmer
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1001

Post by MihaiGamerXD » January 22nd, 2020, 11:51 pm

Shadow wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 12:49 pm Check your GPU buffer positions and setup flags.

IE:
GsNONINTER
GsDefDispBuff(0, 0, 0, SCREEN_HEIGHT);
Ok... Used GsINTER and GsDefDispBuff(0,0,0,0), same problem.
Shadow wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 12:49 pm You should reset callbacks before initialising new ones.
Got it. Seems to be okay on emulator, didn't tested on real console, I'll edit the post when I have tested.
EDIT: SAME PROBLEM!!!

EDIT 2: Seems to be a bug in NTSC resolution (640x480), the screen is shaking. Maybe caused by GsINTER, I'll try using GsNONINTER, but I can't test right now cuz my CD drive from my PC is now broken, so I'll respond later. :(

EDIT 3: Alright, I got the another CD drive, I burned my homebrew game to disc, I have tested on my real console, and I got the same problem. Changed GsNONINTER back to GsINTER, also the resolution to PAL resolution (640x512), then I added new flag, GsRESET3, same problem. :( I really don't know what was caused exactly. But unfortunatelly, I'll refuse to fix this problem and change the resolution to lower resolution. And that's all, I'm sorry! If you still love higher resolution, I can do "Resolution Selector" to change any resolution you want (For example on Roll Boss Rush, how you can change the resolution manually). Anyway, thanks for helping me enough. Message ends...

rubixcube6
C Programming Expert
C Programming Expert

Post by rubixcube6 » May 21st, 2021, 1:04 pm

I was running into the same issue. Look at LIBOVR46.PDF (Basic Graphics Library page 8-45)

Here's a direct link to that page: http://static.wituz.com/static/dropbox/ ... F#page=129

I found some sample code for the solution in the Programmers Tool CD 2.2. Go to this folder for the example project: PSX\SAMPLE\GRAPHICS\MISC\GETODE