Docs from padua.org

Confidential documents, images and information by Sony and miscellaneous hackers for the PlayStation 1
T-Shirt
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Docs from padua.org

Post by T-Shirt » October 1st, 2012, 2:03 pm

Part 1 of ? from my stash of docs

My favorite go to docs, the big 5 for me. From padua.org except if you go there you can't find them now.
[EDIT: found them at http://psx.rules.org/psxrul2.shtml]
These are small size flat text files. All very low level stuff and useful for the assembly coder or low level C work in some cases. Not everything is complete. There is more in each file then I describe. I lived by the first two. These guys also had the SpASM assembler on the same page (since this is all very low level stuff) and the info here in works with SpASM. May be useful for C coders too or just deeper understanding.
system.rtf
>>System and CPU info. List of R3000 instructions. A list of bios system calls and what goes in what register to get it done
gpu.rtf
>>Explains GPU concepts and what primitives and drawing commands can be done. Lists GPU command that can be issued and what data goes in what register to make it happen.
gte.rtf
>>GTE (Geometry Transform Engine), Lists and expains the 32 control and 32 data registers. I never did 3D to the point I really used this one. Knowledge of matricies is useful in understanding the GTE.
spu.rtf
>>SPU (Sound Processing Unit) info, got a lot of good ideas fro this one that i never got to build. Lists (and kinda explains) registers that affect sound. Has some sample settings for applying different reverb effects.
cdinfo.rtf
>>This is the last of the set of 5 of these docs. This one is incomplete and they say so but I'm thankful to have it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.