I am a fanboy of the playstation 1 and you?

Anything other than PlayStation content may be posted here
bizarro2011
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User

I am a fanboy of the playstation 1 and you?

Post by bizarro2011 » July 7th, 2014, 11:57 pm

today they are working playstation 5, but I still really like Plastation 1, and the memory limitations force the creativity of the programmer.
i love ps1. :praise and you?

Gradius
Verified
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User
I am a: IT Consultant, Systems Integrator
PlayStation Model: 7501

Post by Gradius » July 8th, 2014, 3:21 pm

ps4 is probably the LAST console. It just can't match the GPU power from a PC anymore.

DD-Indeed
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User
I am a: Average DIY-guy
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5502

Post by DD-Indeed » July 10th, 2014, 5:51 am

And when the Steam Machine from Valve comes, it changes the whole console-scene. Basically, it's just PC in a very tiny box and can be used as a media center with TV. But, we must not forget the good old days.

NetYaroze
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User
PlayStation Model: DTL-H3002

Post by NetYaroze » April 6th, 2015, 6:33 am

The first PlayStation is the most beautiful PS ever released, best games, best demos, best soundtrack, everything so fu*king creative and awesome... still not feeling good with PS3/PS Vita and PS4, everything are remastered, every game points only on graphic, and you are not allowed to cheat!(I fucking love cheating with Action Replay and Password) for this reason there are NO other PlayStation on the market to can replace these kind of things! :)

New generation of gamers will never understand this.
Note: Take a look on stuff for sale:
https://sites.google.com/site/paginaprezzi

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » April 6th, 2015, 2:10 pm

The primary reason I find the PlayStation 1 did so well well was because Sony had an incredible marketing campaign. Everyone I knew when I was young had a PlayStation 1, or before that, a SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis. It also drew in the demoscene and people ended up buying the system just so they could reverse the console and find every little secret about it. The games were also fantastic because Sony ended up gaining most of the best developers to work on the console.

The PlayStation 2 was also a direct success in comparison to the PlayStation 1, but the PlayStation 3 was not so much in my eyes. The PlayStation 4 is just... boring. There is no more fun because it's locked out and extremely complex. Either way, every game console has a certain 'feel' to it. It's just whatever the user is most intrigued by in their standard nature.

One thing I find now is that you don't control the game, but instead, the game controls you.
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

DD-Indeed
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User
I am a: Average DIY-guy
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5502

Post by DD-Indeed » April 6th, 2015, 5:03 pm

Maybe the biggest reason too, why PS1 was so enourmous success, was that PS1 wasn't just a childrens toy like Nintendos used to be. It was stylish, well built, very good brand, it was a Sony's, must have machine for every home. And it had very much of mature content too, what helped it a lot.