South Park Rally PSX (ELF FILE FORMAT)

Anything other than PlayStation content may be posted here
rubinho146
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

South Park Rally PSX (ELF FILE FORMAT)

Post by rubinho146 » January 29th, 2019, 6:32 am

Hello, I'm a translator and for now I'm translating South Park Rally for the PSX version and I went to some issues.

First I can open the SLES_***.52 files with HxD and see the text and edit it with no problems but the rest of the text is found inside the "CDIMAGE.ELF", where it contains texture files, audio files, 3D models, etc.
Using HxD to edit the text inside CDIMAGE.ELF, saving it and importing back to the game won't work because the game stops loading when it gets to read the text I edit, for example:

I edit an ingame pause screen, if I'm in the main menu it works fine, after choosing the race I want which will load the text of the pause menu will stop loading.

Is someone capable of seeing what is happening in here? I don't really understand why it happens.
If necessary I can give the sample file through a google drive link.

Hope hearing from you guys, thank you very much! :cross :circle :square :triangle

rubinho146
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by rubinho146 » January 30th, 2019, 12:43 am

File sample:

brill
Verified
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7502

Post by brill » February 5th, 2019, 4:55 am

It seems you have confused several versions, because The CDIMAGE.ELF sample file size (71479296 bytes) is different from the size for the SLES-02352 version, which is 57798656 bytes.
Dev console: SCPH-7502 + Xplorer with custom MultiRom firmware
Dev PC: Windows 98 SE, Celeron at 633MHz, 128MB RAM, 20GB HDD

rubinho146
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by rubinho146 » February 5th, 2019, 6:12 am

This CDIMAGE.efl is from the MultiLanguage version that contains spanish, if is possible to edit that one would be even nice because that one already has the fonts for the language I want to put in.