Introduction

Anything other than PlayStation content may be posted here
likeabaus
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User

Introduction

Post by likeabaus » July 27th, 2016, 2:39 am

Hey everyone,

I've been a lurker of these forums and the PSIO project for quite a while now. I'm a licensed Wii U developer but am looking to do some unofficial psx homebrew dev in my spare time simply because well, why not!!??? I really enjoy programming and also messing around with hardware in general. I'm an Electronics Engineering major, so my primary focus is hardware but I have to learn some coding along the way. Anyways, I have a new (to me) scph-7501 psx on its way to me from ebay. Funny thing is I already have one in my possession but I'm giving it to a friend of mine as the laser struggles with recordable media and since the PSIO is currently unavailable, it serves me no real purpose. My friend is fine with just playing original domestic games and imports so no worries. I've already cleaned the laser and played around with the pot to no avail.

I'm hoping to be able to grab a PSIO in October when they become available again, but by the sounds of things, they sell out pretty quick and I'm not sure if I'll have the money to grab one at the time being a college student and all. We shall see. I will be using a Goldfinger cartridge in the mean time for booting homebrew, imports and backups as its served me well in the past.

I know that I'm brand new here and nobody really trusts me yet, but in due time I will be launching a new console repair and modding shop, once I've gained peoples trust here, I would like to offer switch board installs for people. I know that they can easily have it done here officially, but you're based out of Australia and I'm in the United States. So this would give people another option which may save them time and money on shipping depending on their location. I'm not asking to be officially recognized as an installer here, but if I prove my worth, maybe it will happen :praise lol.

Anyways, just wanted to drop by and introduce myself real quick to the community here!