240v on SCPH-1000 Power supply?

General information to do with the PlayStation 1 Hardware. Including modchips, pinouts, rare or obscure development equipment, etc.
Sohrab.a
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by Sohrab.a » February 1st, 2018, 4:34 pm

Hi...
I am a Repair Technician of PlayStation 1_2 &PSP ( all model-all system)
You need only change a capacitor with a voltage of 400V
(No change in capacity[Ï€F])
Your power supply working properly 😉
If you likeØŒfixing well..can change fuse (with 240v fuse ..it,s ceramic)
2:
Your device works with a picture format NTSC (JAPAN SYS)
If you need to change,You must install a frequency converter(internal small kit)
A very small kit with 4 wires, connected on the circuit,,On the back of the AV output socket
your Another solution...
Buy a "PAL- canverter "
Connect converter to the console
Between the Monitor Way..
Work Right .. 😉
If ...
any people, Have another question....I,m ready....

Armorant
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by Armorant » February 6th, 2018, 5:45 am

As cybdyn said it's better to upgrade diods too. Just made my 110v to work with 220v.
For now I replaced 5 diods and 3 caps. I'll attach some pics for that. It works well and it's free of noise or heat. Have to test it more, wanted to replace Q001 (2sc4054) and Q002 (2sc1714) to become 2sc4231 and 2sc1714 in the future if they will generate more heat. It's more about Q001 actually cause Q002 is pretty cold. I used to mod a PU-18 PSU but I'm pretty sure it also works up to 9000 as I can see. Probably PU-7 PSU is the same story.
P.S. And yeah, I add C002 cap too. 110 PSU have holes to solder it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TriMesh
Verified
PSX Aptitude
PSX Aptitude
PlayStation Model: DTL-H1202

Post by TriMesh » February 6th, 2018, 2:52 pm

One other thing to watch is that since this is using the original transformer that was designed for 120V the peak current through the primary is going to be about twice the original value when running on 230V - the output voltage remains the same because the regulator adjusts down the duty cycle to compensate for the higher voltage.

The catch is that the dissipation in the switching element is I^2T - so doubling the current and halving the time still results in twice the power being dissipated in the switch - this is why it's a good idea to put a heatsink on it.