[Hardware Mod] 8MB in (PU-18) Retail PSX

General information to do with the PlayStation 1 Hardware. Including modchips, pinouts, rare or obscure development equipment, etc.
szalay_1
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User
I am a: Cheat Device Code Creator
PlayStation Model: 5502-7502

Post by szalay_1 » March 9th, 2022, 12:58 am

The results. Thanks to Trimesh!
Ram_Test_On-8M-1.jpg
Ram_Test_On-8M-2.jpg
Ram_Test_On-8M-0.jpg
Ramtest.8M.PSX.2.EZ.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bluesfire
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User
I am a: Hardware Repair Technician
Motto: I broke a lot of stuff first
PlayStation Model: SCPH-9001
Discord: Bluesfire

Post by Bluesfire » March 20th, 2024, 2:40 pm

Did some hunting around and can't seem to find a source on these RAM chips whatsoever these days. Anyone have a source?

nocash
Verified
PSX Aficionado
PSX Aficionado

Post by nocash » March 21st, 2024, 2:56 pm

Sounds as if you didn't read this, http://www.psxdev.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5457#p5457
Or is it some google-that-for-me-but-I-won't-buy-used-parts request?

Bluesfire
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User
I am a: Hardware Repair Technician
Motto: I broke a lot of stuff first
PlayStation Model: SCPH-9001
Discord: Bluesfire

Post by Bluesfire » March 22nd, 2024, 9:31 am

I read through the entire thread and searched for both KM48V2104AJ_6 and KM48V2104BS-6 chips, but wasn't able to locate any outside of Digipart, where they were all listed as "Inquiry only". I'm happy to buy used parts, but wasn't able to locate any for sale at the time.

I've now realized my mistake in searching for the chips specifically, and not looking for the KMM466F213BS1-L6 SODIMM sticks that have the KM48V2104BS-6 chips on them. I plan on ordering some soon to do this mod for myself.

Apologies for asking without doing more of a search first. I made this post after joining and browsing the forums for a bit, and was just excited about these mods I hadn't heard of yet. There is a wealth of information here I am very thankful for.

nocash
Verified
PSX Aficionado
PSX Aficionado

Post by nocash » March 22nd, 2024, 10:23 am

Okay, I've never tried to buy old chips myself, but there seem to be tons of sites offering that stuff. I don't know how reliable they are, but "can't find" is a bit of a surprise... if that happens, I would try a different search engine, and be sure to include world-wide search results, including english-language webpages Doing a quick search I can find 24 pieces for $0.00 (but the order total must be at least $99, which seems impossible, so you are perhaps better off desoldering them from old PCBs if you can get those).