PSX Blaster - few words

General information to do with the PlayStation 1 Hardware. Including modchips, pinouts, rare or obscure development equipment, etc.
CosmoGuy
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User
I am a: Hell knows who I am
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7502

PSX Blaster - few words

Post by CosmoGuy » August 13th, 2013, 11:20 am

Hi

I cant wait till finally psx blaster will come. On the official topic there is written it's open source, so if it really is, i can get FULL documentation specially with

- what is the exactly type and name of the female connector going into the console FROM pcb -

I was asking on Skype to PSIO [i dont know who is there, Shadow? someone who dont really knows what is going on i guess...] i tried to get some info on IRC chat but people are saying and it's true since centuries, darkest is under the lamp. So i started googling, and i found some info about the connector here:

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/sh ... aders-from
and THIS:

it's some image/picture blog made by shadow i guess.
Anyway maybe everyone knows the name/type of that connector but really, it pisses me of, i'd love to search for it and build my own prototype of psx blaster with available schematics BECAUSE ITS OPEN SOURCE... damn... but i cant find the connector in any shop. I found something like this and probably there is the connector's real type/name:

http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-p ... 71%29.html

But there [on PDF] are many of them, and by saying many i mean... tens of different types and versions of them [pin count]?
The basic info about the first thing, and it just isn't here. No one wrote any word like "sorry it was desoldered from old gamesharks just to check how prototype will work" so i'm thinking that i can buy that connector but i dont know name and type of it... just "psx pio 68pin" thats all...

If there's so hard to get them, then, do i can replace it with some COM port? Unmount the male connector from the console, input there well known LPT [or something with 68 pins with exactly same parameters physically [the spaces between holes]], solder it and just plug into some bread-board with all needed electronics and send apps in that way... ?

Regards, cosmoguy.

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » August 14th, 2013, 10:32 am

Skype message sent.
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.