SCPH 1000 SPU Replacement / no boot

General information to do with the PlayStation 1 Hardware. Including modchips, pinouts, rare or obscure development equipment, etc.
SWAGMASTER_69
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1000

SCPH 1000 SPU Replacement / no boot

Post by SWAGMASTER_69 » January 21st, 2023, 9:22 pm

Hello everyone!

I stumbleb upon a problem with my SCPH-1000 Unit - it lost almost all in-game audio, only played crackling sounds. Audio CD works great on the other hand. Reading trough forums I have decided to put in another SPU.I wanted to change CXD2922Q to CXD2925Q. To do this, I sourced a SCPH-1002 board.

After some hot-air soldering I was left with a PU-8 board with no SPU at all and a PU-7 board with a newer revision SPU.
Upon booting the console there was no sound again and I found out that I have some cold joints. I tried to solder them down a bit better with a soldering iron instead of air-station and now it won't do anything at all upon boot. No signal, no audio, no nothing. :shrug

The PU-8 board boots perfectly fine even without the SPU chip so i desided to remove it from the PU-7 board again and clean everithing up, however, still - no effect. The console dows nothing upon turning the power on.

Not like i'm that bad on soldering, I inspected the board and cleaned it - no short cicruits that I can see.

What should I do? Maybe there are some blown fuses on the board somewhere?
SCPH-1000 A5623346 PU7-12A

nocash
Verified
PSX Aficionado
PSX Aficionado

Post by nocash » January 21st, 2023, 11:59 pm

Fuses? Pinouts should be as so https://problemkaputt.de/psxspx-pinouts-spu-pinouts.htm check for yourself if the 3.5V and 5V supplies are there. But be careful that you won't shortcut the supply pins while powered on.